[GRP] Squishy's Temple Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cardi

Cat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:05 pm
Kahlua entered the worship hall cautiously. Harrar had just given a bunch of slimehs a lengthy, impromptu talk on how to tread about the temple without been struck by lightning by the deities due to impertinence. Now Kahlua felt especially paranoid about going anywhere in the temple.

She saw Griever, Bahamut, and Ifrit talking animatedly. Well, Ifrit was talking animatedly, Bahamut had an exasperated expression, and Griever looked bored and slightly irritated. Her thoughts went back to what happened earlier, and she felt herself blush with embarrassment again. She turned around to go to the prayer hall instead.

But it was too late. Ifrit saw her. "Kahlua!" he said. "Have I got news for you! Come on over!"

"Yes," Bahamut said, nodding vigorously. "Come and join us, Kahlua."

Griever's expression became more irritated, and Kahlua had no doubt it was because of her. But he would probably get more irritated if she brushed off his friends. "What's your news, Ifrit?" she asked as she approached them, albeit hesitantly.

"The LadyD huggled me!"

"She did?"

"Yeah! Way before she appeared to everybody. I followed Cardi and saw her talking to LadyD. When I squeaked, LadyD huggled me!" Then Ifrit paused to think. "Well, Cardi looked a little surprised and slightly distressed when she saw me..."

Just then, Bahamut started shoving Ifrit out the door. "Well, we'll be taking our leave now, Ifrit and I."

"What?" Ifrit said in bewilderment. "But I'm not done giving my blow-by-blow account yet!"

"We're going, Ifrit. Now."

"But..."

They disappeared outside. Kahlua could hear their squabbling voices fade away as they went down the hall. She couldn't understand what they were talking about. But it was punctuated by Ifrit's sudden "Ooooh!"

She looked over at Griever. If possible, he looked even more irritated than before. Kahlua was at loss as to what to say. "So..." she began. "Um, that was really something, the LadyD's visit."

Griever didn't reply.

"And it's so amazing that the LadyD huggled Ifrit!" she gained more courage as she talked. "That's such a great honor..."

"There you are!"

Kahlua and Griever glanced at the door. "Caz!" she said. For some reason, she felt ridiculously happy to see him.

(9)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:13 pm
"I was looking all over the place for you," said Caz as he squished to be beside Kahlua. "Would you like to walk through the gardens?"

Her eyes widened. "Gardens?"

Griever squished off. Well. So much for conversation. He was just going to grudgingly agree with Kahlua that Ifrit had an exciting event. But right before he was going to speak, Caz appeared.

He didn't like the look Caz gave him. They need to leave me out of their affairs, he thought. I've nothing to do with them.

Distractedly, he glanced around and wondered if it was time to herd the slimehs back to the box. He didn't relish the prospect of interacting with lots of slimehs and being crammed in that box, with everybody watching Caz and Kahlua together. What a pain.

(3)

cardi

Cat

cardi

Cat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:21 pm
Hue just finished her prayer when Maddie ran up to her. "I just heard Caz and Kahlua are together in the gardens!" she said breathlessly.

Hue's face fell.

Maddie started shoving her in the direction of the gardens. "Go after them! Go get 'em, tiger! Show her he's your property!"

"I can't."

Maddie halted. "What? What do you mean?"

"I can't do it, Maddie!" Tears pooled in her eyes. "Caz doesn't like me at all. He thinks I'm hideous! He might tell me to go away right in front of Kahlua. Oh Maddie, I can't stand it! I wish there's some way to pray to Squishy and guarantee that Caz will be all mine!"

Maddie was about to reply when they heard Cardi's voice.

"Why hello there!" she said.

Hue blinked away her tears and looked up at Cardi.

"It's almost time to go back. But there's just enough time for y'all to light incense sticks for Squishy and the deities. Here." Cardi looped a small bag around Hue. It contained a lot of incense sticks. "One for each slimeh. Be a dear and pass them around to your sibs, okay?"

As Cardi walked away, Hue slumped over. "Great. I got a job to do. C'mon, Maddie."

"Wait!" Maddie said excitedly. "Can't you see? Your wish just got answered!"

"What do you mean?"

"If we light all these incense sticks and offer them to Squishy and the deities, they must grant you your wish! It's a lot of incense sticks!"

"But we're supposed to hand them out..."

Maddie was getting impatient. "Do you or do you not want Caz to fall in love with you?"

Hue's eyes filled with tears again. "I want him to fall in love with me."

"Then let's get working. These are a lot of incense sticks to light."

(9)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:44 pm
Sensing the gaze of another Slime on him, Maelstrom paused in his pre-prayer meditation. He looked around for the culprit, and - failing to figure out who it was - puffed himself up warningly and glared at the room in general. He deflated quickly as he saw Tempest praying fervently.

Well... he may be a coward, but at least he's a dedicated coward.

Wiggling to get himself settled again, Maelstrom went almost flat as he resumed his meditative trance to calm again before praying.

Squishy, Creator, Deities... please look after my little brother. He is very nervous and not very good at standing up for himself. I don't think he'll need any help taking care of our sisters, but he may need help taking care of himself. Please help him be big and brave...

When he finished his prayer, he opened his eyes to find Tempest sitting right in front of him, looking around almost nervously at the other Slimes.

"They don't seem to all get along," the cyan Slime said softly. "D'you think they're all brothers and sister? I mean, y'know, the way they all came in together. I mean, they all seem to know each other..."

Maelstrom turned and squished out of the room, waiting until the other Slimes were out of hearing before answering. "I don't think they're all brothers and sisters. Maybe cousins. Or things might be different where they live. After all, you're not really my brother, we weren't ordered at the same time. And even if we had been, it doesn't necessarily mean anything. Look at Sasuke and Sakura, or Naruto and Hinata!"

"But they're fanSlimes, Maelstrom. FanSlime relationships don't follow the same rules as us Customs. And besides, y'know, what about Gaara and Lee? I mean, they're brothers within the Set!"

"And you just said it yourself - and made a good point. FanSlime relationships don't follow the same rules as us Customs. Come on, it's time to go home."

The two brothers squished to the entrance of the Temple. (5)  

Cassidy Peterson
Crew

Garbage

cardi

Cat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:44 pm
Kahlua was enjoying being with Caz in the gardens when her eyes fell on the sundial. "Oh, it's time to herd the slimes back into the box," she said reluctantly.

"Okay. Would you like me to help?" he asked.

"That would be great," she said gratefully.

Kahlua thought it would mean the two of them would walk together and tell the other slimehs to go back to the box. But then they had to split up because the temple was so big. "Can we sit together again in the box?" asked Caz, a little bashfully.

Kahlua felt herself blush again. "Okay," she said in a small voice.

He smiled and squished off.

She couldn't keep the silly smile off her face as she went to tell other slimehs to return to the box. Some noticed it. "Something nice happened?" asked Gin.

"Kinda..." she hedged, not wanting to cause any gossip.

"Well, if it's not the LadyD's apearance, it must be really something to outdo the LadyD's appearance."

At that, Kahlua blushed even more. She was bursting to share the news with someone, no matter how trivial it was. But then she realized with a pang that she didn't really have any close friends. Except for Espresso. She felt selfish for thinking so, but Espresso couldn't really mirror any verbal excitement that she had.

Ree, she thought. Ree and I spent lots of time together lately. I could share it to Ree.

She began looking for Ree, but he was nowhere to be found. Griever probably got to him. Or Caz. At the thought of Caz, she felt herself blush again.

Finally, she was confident that the temple was empty of The Basement slimehs. She squished to the box to find Griever. Ifrit was bouncing up and down beside him. Kahlua noticed that Griever looked ready to smack the other summon slimeh at the drop of a hat.

She was too concerned about finding Ree, however, that she didn't hesitate to ask, "Have you seen Ree, Griever?"

"No," he said shortly.

"But..." she scanned the throng of slimehs that mingled outside the box. They were waiting, reluctantly, to be tossed into it. Their field trip had been wonderful, and they detested the box. She couldn't find Ree anywhere. "I guess he's still in the temple," she said, worried.

Caz came up to them. "All done?" he asked with a smile at Kahlua.

"Ree's not here yet," Ifrit interjected. "Griever and Kahlua were just talking about going back to the temple to look for them."

"What?" Kahlua and Griever said in unison. They looked at each other and then looked away.

Ifrit started nudging them towards the temple, and not too gently, either. "Hurry up. We're gonna head back soon. It'll be terrible if Ree got left in the temple all by his little self. He'll be so scared. You don't want that, do you?"

"I don't really care," Griever said shortly.

Kahlua glared at him. "Alright. We're going. Come on, Griever."

(11)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:54 pm
ooc: >.< i was actually so wrapped up in my rp i didn't realize cassidy posted (insert gonk here) <3 it would've been great if my slimehs came over to say hello >.<

Kahlua and Griever walked towards the temple in silence.

"All you have to do is say no."

She looked at him, taken aback. "What?"

"All you have to do is say no," Griever repeated. "If you wanted to spend time with Caz that badly, then you should've told Ifrit to come off it. It's not necessary for two slimehs to go looking for a missing slimeh."

A green and a cyan slimeh were at the temple entrance. Kahlua gave them a smile. Once she and Griever walked past them, she turned to him and answered, in a voice that barely suppressed her anger, "It's both our job to get all the slimehs back to the box."

Griever snorted derisively. "You coffee slimehs are all the same. All show and no substance."

"Don't liken me to other coffee slimehs!" the words were out of her before she realized what she was saying. Blushing furiously, she hurried further inside the temple.

Griever had no problem following her. "Oh yeah, you and Caz will make a great couple. You just keep on looking charitable without speaking up to really fix the problem, and he'll just keep on pulling at Latte's puppet strings without really fixing the problem. Congratulations."

"Stop it!"

There was a terse silence between them as they continued to look for Ree.

But even after they combed the temple twice, there was still no sign of the pale blue slimeh. It began to get dark outside. "He's missing," said Kahlua faintly, breaking the silence.

"He's probably back at the box." Griever started squishing out of the temple.

Kahlua remained rooted to where she was. "What if he's not there?" she asked, dread coming over him. "Cardi would be so mad...and she trusted us to get everybody back to the box..."

"We'll just have to tell her we can't find him."

Her eyes pooled with tears. "But...what if he's lost?" She straightened, lest she start bawling before Griever, of all slimehs. "I'm going to look for him again."

Griever remembered seeing Ree at the stairs. He didn't come to the temple, he realized.

But the penalty for leaving The Basement was severe. Cardi expressly forbade them to leave without her permission. If Ree was found out... Damn that androgynous slimeh. He's probably back at The Basement, playing. Griever looked at Kahlua, who was retreating back into the temple. Damn him for upsetting her like this.

(8 )

cardi

Cat

cardi

Cat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:32 pm
ooc: one-worders galore. i'ma take off two points from myself :3

Cardi smiled down at Griever and Kahlua as they squished towards her. "Are we good to go?"

Griever nodded.

"Oh look! Teve! Griever nodded at me!" Cardi picked him up. "Can you understand me, little guy?"

Griever nodded again.

"Well I'll be..." Teve peered at Griever. He stared back. "Can you shake your head, little fella?"

He shook his head.

Cardi squealed. "So cute!" Then she picked up Kahlua. "You can understand me that well, too?"

Kahlua cast a nervous glance at Griever. Then she nodded.

Cardi would have clapped her hands together if she wasn't holding the two of them. "This is so cool! I didn't know they could do that. Oh, can you imagine all the interactions we can have with them now?"

Teve shut the box, where all the other slimehs were piled in. "Yeah. It's a small wonder we didn't know about this before."

Kahlua belatedly realized she was not in the box with Caz. But it was too late to do anything now. Cardi was getting into the car, and Teve was putting the box in the backseat. "I hope Leo didn't have a hard time digging that little railway for the little guys," she said as she set Griever and Kahlua in her lap, freeing her hands for driving.

Teve clambered into the front passenger seat and shut the door. "He'll be fine. He likes those kinds of things. He stayed up late last night putting together the wagons."

"He's such a sweetheart," Cardi said with a smile as she started the the engine. They pulled out of the parking lot.

Kahlua slumped in Cardi's lap so much that she was almost flat. Ree's missing, she thought, genuinely upset. I'm a coward for not telling Cardi. I'm a monster.

Griever looked over at Kahlua. And he thought, Once we get back to The Basement, I'ma thrash that androgynous slimeh so hard, all his filling will be knocked out of him. He couldn't tell Kahlua what he knew, lest it gets Ree into trouble.

And then he slowly realized. She doesn't like causing trouble. That's why she keeps to herself and takes care of things in her own little way.

Kahlua still looked miserable. Silently, Griever squished over and gently let her lean against him.

(6)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:13 pm
ooc: a day had already passed since the last time (last post) they were at the temple ^^

Caz was barely able to escape from Hue and sneak to the temple. A pair of monocled LoTR slimehs were going to use a wagon, but they wordlessly turned it over to him.

When Caz got to the temple, he squished off to the garden. He sank into the grass and closed his eyes, listening to the crickets. At this hour, the temple was fully deserted. He knew it was strictly forbidden for him to be out. But desperate times called for desperate measures.

A soft rustle made him open his eyes and turn around. Kahlua stood at the doorway to the temple garden, her eyes wide. "I didn't know you were here," she said in a steady voice.

He nodded and looked away.

"What's going on, Caz?" she asked, her voice quavering.

After a long pause, he answered, "Hue gets upset when I talk to you."

"But...Hue...why?"

"Hue and I are together now." Even as he said it, it pained him. He could still not bring himself to look at her. He could not look at the hurt in her eyes without loathing himself for a long time. Even more than he was loathing himself at the moment.

"Oh..." her voice faltered. "I-I just thought maybe..."

"Yesterday was fun. But Hue and I have been together for a long time." Then Caz used the same smooth voice he used on Latte countless times. "I'm sure you understand."

Kahlua stared hard at the ground and struggled to fight her tears. "Yes. It's not like...you know..."

"It's not like we're a couple or anything," Caz finished for her.

Kahlua nodded. Then she squished off quickly.

Caz sank into the grass and closed his eyes again. Anger, frustration, and guilt washed over him. How did things turn out this way? He didn't love Hue. It was Kahlua he wanted to be with, not her. Now he was not only stuck with Hue, he had pushed away Kahlua also.

The voice of reason spoke within him. Hue's stayed with you for a long time. It will destroy her if you leave her. And that will be on your conscience.

Suddenly, the garden smothered him. He squished out of there, determined not to come back to it again.

(7)

cardi

Cat

cardi

Cat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:34 pm
ooc: this is the morning after the last time (last post) the slimehs have been here ^^

removed 2 points for short sentences.

Griever and Kahlua combed through the entire temple until noon, but there was no sign of Ree. "It's time for lunch," he said.

"You go back. I'll look one more time. Maybe in The Sanctuary..."

Griever took a deep breath. "I don't think he's here at the temple."

"Where else could he be?" she asked, starting to get hysterical. Then she caught herself and closed her eyes. When she opened them, she stated, "I'm going to look one more time."

"I think he must've gotten out of The Basement while Cardi was renovating. The bookshelf door was left open."

"Ree won't do that!" she said indignantly.

He looked at her and felt angry towards Caz what what seemed like the millionth time. For only that day. "He did."

"What proof do you have?"

"I saw him walk up the stairs to the open door."

Kahlua was dumbfounded. "You did?"

Griever looked back at her.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she cried.

He sighed heavily. "I didn't want to get that little b*****d into trouble."

Kahlua furtively looked around. "Shh. Stop cussing. We're in a temple!"

He chose to ignore that. "What'll you tell Cardi? That he's gone out? You know there's a terrible punishment for slimehs who leave The Basement like that."

"I wouldn't have ratted him out!"

Griever could tell Kahlua was upset. And he understood perfectly why. But part of him was happy that she was getting her mind off Caz. That b*****d, he thought. "That's why I'm telling you now."

The two of them looked at each other for a long time.

"Do you think he's okay?" she asked anxiously.

"Maybe."

She began to look around, as if she would vault out of the temple and into the streets in an instant. "Maybe we should look for him..."

"We were responsible for herding back the slimehs who came in the box. That's what we did. We herded back every single one of them. It's not our job to go after some stupid, wayward slimeh."

"But he could be in danger--" Kahlua protested.

Griever found himself bellowing at her. "He wasn't thinking about you worrying about him! He was only thinking of himself! Now get off it and let's go home!"

Kahlua looked up at him, frightened.

He sighed again. "Look, I'm sorry." He never apologized to anybody before. And here he was, apologizing to her because he was afraid she would cry. He wanted nothing more than to keep her from crying again. "I didn't mean to yell. I'm sorry."

(10)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:30 am
Before Sparkle could answer, LadyD descended from the heavens to bestow her blessing unto the assembled slimes.
They stood still for a moment, gaping at her in awe, until She departed, then Blob caught her breath and asked: "Who was she?"
Sparkle looked still at him and said: "What do you mean, who was she? She is one of the Creators, LadyD!"
Blob blushed. "I'm sorry, I've been unrespectful. But I only remember seeing Meriko at the Lab, when I was created..."
Sparkle lowered her voice further. "You know... yesterday... I've been at the Lab."
Blob jumped for the surprise. "How? Why? I thought slimes weren't allowed to go back and... and mess... slimes weren't supposed to meddle with..."
"No, no, everything is ok," said Sparkle quickly. "The LabTech said a small number of slimes could go into the lab... because... I'm going to have a baby!"
Blob gaped at her, stunned.
"Th- that's wonderful," he managed to say. "Wonderful..."

(3)

Aiko Destiny

Icy Knight

10,400 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200

cardi

Cat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:53 pm
"Im so glad you and Griever are getting along so well," Cardi said as she went up the stairs. Affectionately, she patted Kahlua.

Kahlua squeaked back. She really wasn't sure why Cardi decided to take her to the temple and not bring along Griever and Ifrit. She was a little disappointed that she was away from Griever.

She had been very happy the past few days. She and Griever were nowhere near the level of affection that she had with Caz, or thought that she had with Caz. But she was contented with the knowledge that Griever was looking out for her and didn't find her repulsive and may actually care about her. The knowledge that he was especially going out of his way because it wasn't in his nature to be affectionate made the whole thing even more disarming to her.

They finally arrived at the temple entrance, where a few slimehs hung around. Kahlua looked around eagerly, wondering if anybody from The Basement was there. But nobody looked familiar.

Cardi knelt down and inspected the alarming quantities of leftover incense. Kahlua was taken aback at how many there were. "Ah," said Cardi softly, as if to herself.

Curiously, Kahlua looked up at her.

"Remember when I asked about the incense sticks? I guess...somebody just had a wish they want very, very badly."

Kahlua blinked up at Cardi and looked back at the incense sticks, still puzzled.

(3)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:40 pm
And yet again, LadyD found herself descending into the temple. The temple had been deserted for sometime, so she hung up a disco ball and hooked up her heavenly stereo. She gazed around and then struck a pose.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Let's all PARTY! heart

LadyDelaidra

Romantic Prophet

thunderxtiger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:44 am
eek  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:45 pm
"Ueh? Lady D... Ah-heh..." There was a bemused chuckle as Cassi glanced up at the disco ball, then at Lady Delaidra. "You nut, what would the poor slimes think if they all knew one of the people who helped create them acted so... silly?" She giggled, holding out her hand to reveal a Domo Slime with a party hat. "Lookit this. He's from my latest batch, and quite the partier! He hasn't even been home a whole day and already he's passed out from excitement and activity. What sort of behaviour do you think you're encouraging, if you do the same thing?"

She laughed, smiling as the Slime woke up and made a soft, almost barking noise. "Hey, Glyph. Awake? Here." She set him down on the floor, and strode off with LadyD to chat about Slimes (or not).

Glyph looked around quietly. This must be Squishy's Temple. He'd heard about it from Tempest and Maelstrom, the storm slimes whose little sisters were named after their own colors. Shaking off the little party hat, he began to squish around the room.

(2)

Cassidy Peterson
Crew

Garbage

Silky Slime Laboratory

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items