Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Silky Slime Laboratory
[GRP] Silky Slime Laboratory: Meriko's Workstation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cardi

Cat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:46 pm
Ifrit suddenly skidded to a halt. If he stopped any quicker, Cardi would have ended up trampling him. "It's Squishy!" he said in a loud whisper.

Cardi scooped him up. "What're you doing, running around when you're all coated in donut frosting?" she demanded in her own loud whisper as she went back to the sink.

"Oh, that's what it was?" mused Griever.

Kahlua blankly glanced at him. Griever never spoke so much before.

Ifrit was trying his utmost best to tell something to them, but Cardi was scrubbing him especially hard. Finally, squeaky clean and slightly damp, Ifrit escaped the towel that Cardi was using to rub him down. He squished over to Griever and Kahlua. "I saw Squishy!" he said excitedly. "This is Squishy's home!"

But then Cardi said, "Hey Meri! Yeah, sushi sounds good. I'm starving!"

Then she popped Kahlua, Griever, and Ifrit back into the donut box. "We'll say hello to Squishy and Serene later," she told them with a sheepish grin before taking them out of the room.

(3)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:50 pm
ooc: X3 I love Serene. She's so fun to react to.

Konami looked up from the slimes she was observing and nodded. "Sushi sounds great!" She hadn't had decent sushi in awhile, and craved it. She glanced over at Thanatos, who just stared in absolute confusion at the place where the shiney slime had hopped. She smiled in bemusement, only wondering what conversation that had.

"Come on, Thanny," she said, holding out her palm for the little gray blob to bounce on. She followed Meriko out of the lab, mouth watering at the thought of fresh sushi.  

Konami Shojou

Romantic Prophet

Cassidy Peterson
Crew

Garbage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:47 pm
The door opened quietly, and deep blue - that is, their color, not the "depth of their emotion" or some poetic gibberish like that - deep blue eyes blinked into the room.

"Well, here we are. Let's see if we can't find anything out, huh?"

The girl stepped into the room. Slung over one shoulder and hanging at her waist was what looked like an impromptu "satchel" made from Ziploc plasticware and a mangled pair of suspenders. It looked like that, because that's what it was. Inside, the bottom of the plasticware was lined with soft, moist leaves and flower petals, upon which rested two Slimes. The female was small - very small - and a pleasant shade of pink, wrapping herself happily in the petals or bobbing under the leaves. The male was massive by Slime standards, grey and forbidding, and he watched the female fiercely, never more than half an inch from her.

The girl grinned slightly, blinking as she raised her hand away from the satchel-thing and made an odd salute. "Hey y'all!" Inside the satchel-thing, the female snuggled up against the male, squeaking happily at him as he flattened slightly and half-covered her in a possessive manner. "Oh, did I get here just while y'all were heading out?" Cassi giggled slightly. "Sushi? Oh yum~ Mind if I tag along? I'll bet the Squishingtons would love some, too. Plus, Lord Squishington looks about ready to bite me if I touch his mate again so soon after putting them both in there." She laughed. "Boy was he furious when I actually picked her right up instead of lifting her on a leaf or letting her get in herself!" (2)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:04 am
Meriko walked through the lab, turning on the main hall lights as she went and finally arriving back at her own workstation. She'd actually intended to come back after dinner last night but ennui had settled upon her like a smothering blanket after she'd stuffed herself with cold sashimi, hot tea, and about half a pound of crispy, salty chicken karaage. Her slimes had gone home with her, slept in a nest made out of a rumpled up sweatshirt, and were now snuggled down in her coat pockets once more.

She dipped her hands into her pockets and came up with a slime in each palm. After blowing some lint off of each, she put Squishy and Serene back onto their little habitats and began getting ready for a new workday.

Mission: get coffee.

Squishy watched her walk out the door and then began making a circuit of his habitat, gazing around at the lab as he did so as if to make certain everything - and everyone - had been well during his brief absence.

Serene sulked. She had been stunned for a while and then switched over to fuming last night over the careless manner in which she'd been handled last night. And in front of others! Granted, Meriko was a diety and could do as she wished, but still! To be squished and rolled around as if she was nothing but a...a...an ordinary slime!

She was a living gemstone gracing the lab with her inner fire! She was the moon come down to earth in all its shimmering glory! She was the prettiest!

Serene sat brooding on her habitat, too peeved to even care that there was a dull haze of pocket-dust still coating her.  

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Prince Forte

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:51 am
Peeking in slowly was a young man wearing unrecognizable clothing from those he had once worn when he entered this laboratory. Stepping next to the sink and washing his hands as the rule said, he reached up and gently took a squirming orange slime from the crease of his hat into his hands. The slime was wearing a peculiar helmet*

Bass, stop squirming! I know you're anxious to meet the others, but you can't just go bouncing off like that!

*The little slime stopped moving and looked up at the face of Forte, glowering at him.*

Ok, ok, fine! Just don't bother the other slimes too much!

*Exasperated, he set down the little slime and watched him bounce off toward the other Slimes, eager to meet and make friends. Forte simply rolled his eyes and walked off to observe the other little goo-balls that littered the laboratory.*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:05 am
While Meriko was off making coffee a few turns down the hallway, her two slimes watched the newcomer bounce toward them.

Squishy bounced a few times in a sort of nod and then just sat there observing as was his wont.

The slime's color was nothing special but what was that on his head? And why didn't Serene get to have one? Not that she would have worn such a thing but still...it would be nice if her diety would at least ask if Serene wanted something special to wear. Something that would offset her natural beauty. Something...something...

...she couldn't think of anything. She was prettier than anything she could think of. Well anyway, Meriko should have asked.

Not having had her fill of compliments yesterday, Serene bounced over to the orange slime to see if he could do anything toward filling her quota of adoration.

"Greetings," she said in what she thought was a cool, calm manner. "I am Serene, Meriko's slime." The fact that Meriko owned another slime was left by the wayside.  

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Prince Forte

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:11 am
*Bass pauses for a moment, his little eyes wandering over the new slime's appearance.*

My name is Bass, I'm Prince Forte's slime. *He sort of rolled forward in what would've been a bow, but the helmet on his head proved to heavy to allow him to maintain his balance, and he fell over, only to hastily jump up again in embarrassment...did that have to happen in front of a new Slime? A pretty slime, at that...*

Sorry...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:23 am
In point of fact, Serene's narcissism was such that she took Bass' faceplant to be a grovelling genuflection of sorts. Pleased to be worshipped, the sparkling little slime gifted the newcomer with a smile, only a little bit spoiled by smugness.

"A Prince's slime? How nice," she replied graciously, and then added, "Has he come to pay his respects to my diety?" It didn't hurt to establish rank right off the bat.

Behind her some inches, Squishy continued to observe the pair unobtrusively.

(ooc: Question! When Meriko comes back with her coffee, will she recognize your character, or have you changed appearance as well as clothing?)  

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Prince Forte

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:29 am
(OOC: The only thing she may recognize is Forte's red eyes and the fact that he's a racoon demon. His hair is now blonde instead of red.)

Yes... *Bass replied, silently relieved that Serene was smiling* Forte admires Meriko's work very much; he even offered his services to her to create a different type of Slime, at one point.

*He looks up and down the small, vapor-colored slime once more, then noticed something about her that sparked his interest*

Permit me to ask...are you a Ragnarokian Slime?

(OOC: He asks that because she has that little ball thing behind her.)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:37 am
"What? No! Don't put me in the same category as them," Serene replied, and then bounced a few times to let off a few more sparkles and shimmers. "I...am a moon goddess. There are only three of us, all adopted by the dieties. We're very special. We're much prettier than the pink shinies that were born recently and I'm the prettiest of the three of us."

She drilled the fact of her specialness sparkly prettiness into Bass as much as she could. It was very important to her. Bass' owner's work history is completely eclipsed by the horror of being classed with other slimes.

Squishy took one last good long look at the pair and then turned away as he heard familiar footsteps in the hallway.

Meriko walked back inside, nose buried in a steaming mug of coffee. Mmm, liquid lurve. Spotting a visitor, she smiled and said a bit sleepily,

"Good morning. Can I help you with anything?"

(ooc: Selene's animated extras are sparkles instead of drops~ ^^)  

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Prince Forte

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:41 am
(OOC: Aaah, I see.)

*Bass flattened himself somewhat, listening to Serene's every word; he wanted to make a good impression.* I'm sorry...I didn't mean to offend you, Miss Serene.

*Meanwhile, Forte had turned toward Meriko and smiled, taking off his hat to show his ears and bowing respectively.*

No thank you, Miss Meriko. Just giving Bass a chance to mix with the Slime populace. *He waved toward his Slime, smiling to see that it was in a deep conversation with another.*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:53 am
Meriko's perception generally does not wake up until noon, and in any case it has been a long time since Forte's last visit. She thought to herself that he seemed familiar, but shrugged it off and simply replied,

"Oh, okay. Some of these slimes are really young so they might not offer much company, but there's Serene over there. She seems to be social." Looking over at the island, she noted that the visiting slime and her new acquisition had already met. "And there you go," she quipped.

Walking over to the notebook she'd been working in last night, she gave Squishy a good morning pat with one finger and then happened to notice the bit of pocket-dust still coating Serene. She reached over some papers and unceremoniously picked the shiney slime up and gave her a brisk rub against her shirt before replacing her.

"There you are," Meriko said in a satisfied manner. "Can't make new friends when you're linty."

After giving the orange slime a quick grin, she turned back to the human visitor and added, "Oh, I just remembered. The slimes have a little temple of sorts outside that's sort of new. They seem to use it like a combination church and hot spot. Your slime might like to visit it."

Selene sat very still, stunned. The diety had done it AGAIN! Just when she'd managed to enthrall another slime, this embarassing manhandling! WHY?! WHY?! WHYYY?!  

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Prince Forte

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:58 am
I'll make sure to allow him a visit; thank you, Miss Meriko. *Forte smiled and walked off, humming to himself and continuing his observations.*

*Bass fought down a laugh at Serene's obvious embarrassment, and didn't even crack a smile out of respect; in fact, he pretended not to even see what just happened, but instead looked over Serene once more and noticing just how much more she shimmered in the light.*

A moon goddess, you said? How intriguing! *He piped up in what he hoped what was still a conversational voice*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:20 am
Serene was completely traumatized, but fought gamely to regain her self-command. Be strong! Remember, you're the prettiest! After a few sparkly bounces to make herself feel better, she replied to Bass, "Yes. We're very special."

Serene sparkled. Her conversation did not.

"I and my sisters were made especially for the three dieties that serve the Creator," she added, getting back a bit more of her strength of mind as she continued to remind herself how wonderful she was. "Meriko chose me because I was the most beautiful one."

Said diety sat down on her stool in time to catch the end of Serene's little speech. Meriko raised an eyebrow but said nothing as she began riffling through her notebook. Squishy hopped over and stood near one of her hands.  

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Prince Forte

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:23 am
You certainly are a sight to behold. *Bass replied, his small slime cheeks turning pink as he uttered these words.*

*Forte, having looked at the rest of the slimes, stood from a few feet away, folding his arms and taking up Squishy's task of watching the two slimes.*

Silky Slime Laboratory

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff