Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Silky Slime Laboratory
The Chatterbox~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 284 285 286 287 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:33 pm
Meriko
*rofl* That reminds me of fantasy chat-based roleplay. XD Whenever you walked into a tavern, there was bound to be someone up in the rafters, sitting in a dark corner, or gazing into the ever-present fire.

I would have urges to make a tavern myself and have it be a round room with no corners, brightly lit from all angles, and with an un-beamed dome roof. Try lurking mysteriously in THAT.

I am a smarty pants roleplayer at times. Generally when someone ridiculously beautiful or handsome would walk in, my character would privately think to themselves that they were nothing special. >3 You can only handle so many cerulean eyes and ruby lips, you know?

omg just like roleplaying in the yahoo rooms. Though if I went up into the rafters it ment I was about to start tossing random things at people. Once I tossed what I thought was an opal at some guy. He made it go boom and got mad at me for tossing it. Even though I clearly stated it was an opal, not a bomb.

I never noticed the really beautifull/handsom peoples. Course I was too busy talking all ooc like about the three Sephiroth wannabes in the room to notice much.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:08 pm
I have very few high-power RP characters. I focus more on personality than power or appearance. Like my girly gay boy who is in fact a girl, or the sexy muscle guy who only has his sexy muscles because he inherited a gym.

Meriko
*builds spherical hamster ball tavern and interior furnishings made entirely of magical self-illuminating material and throws Cassi in* XD
*throws a lightswitch rave* cool  

Cassidy Peterson
Crew

Garbage

Cartagia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:22 am
Cassidy Peterson
I have very few high-power RP characters. I focus more on personality than power or appearance. Like my girly gay boy who is in fact a girl, or the sexy muscle guy who only has his sexy muscles because he inherited a gym.

Meriko
*builds spherical hamster ball tavern and interior furnishings made entirely of magical self-illuminating material and throws Cassi in* XD
*throws a lightswitch rave* cool

xd heart I hate those 'muscled for no reason' characters. They annoy me to hell.

Most of my characters come from stories over RPs, and my stories are almost always driven by characters rather than action, so thankfully they're almost always complex people. ^^

The only problem I have when I make non-good looking/older characters is no one will draw them for me. And if they do, they make them too pretty or too young. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:19 am
Cartagia
xd heart I hate those 'muscled for no reason' characters. They annoy me to hell.
Yeah, my muscled characters either are involved in some sort of training regimen of death, or just spend a lot of time at the gym.

Cassidy Peterson
Crew

Garbage

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:25 pm
I actually don't mind high-powered characters so long as the roleplayer can be trusted to play decently with them. XD A high-powered character in the hands of an idiot = roleplay death. A high-powered character in the hands of a skilled roleplayer = hours, months, perhaps even YEARS of blissful roleplaying. <3

But I draw the line at things that bend even MY bendorific ability to suspend disbelief, like half-unicorn half-gryphon half-vampire half-angel princesses with purple eyes, white hair, enough beauty to make the reigning seduction champion succubus cry, the ability to manipulate the fabric of space and time, and names like Aurelicelestialaurelanthianasta'la D'le't'Narnia Greenleaf-Rochester but you can call me Sakura-chan.

Oh yeah, there's another pet peeve. Fanpanese. XD If you don't speak it, neither should your character. And a name like Yoru no Sakura no Hana Hime Chan Sama is a dead giveaway that you are no more Japanese than I am Irish.

*trots out her average-looking 40+ year old knight to check out Roleplay Retirement Homes with Cartagia's characters*  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:44 am
Half-anythings tend to make me twitch, just because you end up with so many of them. I make a point of always playing a human. I'm currently in an RP on another site which, admittedly, isn't half-bad except that I am literally the only human character. xd Everyone else is a God/Goddess/Elf/Half of any combination.

Don't get me started on those 'japanse' characters.

I'd love to see an RP that was based around the idea of being set in a Roleplay Retirement Home. Then everyones characters would HAVE to be old! It would be so funny to get decrepid half-elves and vampires dreaming of glory days. xd  

Cartagia

molten_quicksilver

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:29 am
XD I love playing semi-old characters. They get to complain more. I've got a 50 year old centuarian blacksmith who's an absolute riot. razz

And yeah, the Japanese characters suck. I actually have a character that's Chinese, but I'm taking the language/culture course from my school so I have an excuse. razz And her name isn't stereotypical. Jay Yui. (Admittedly I don't use the pinyin for her name, 'cause I'd have to run off and explain the whole chinese-characters-to-english-ones thing. Not fun.)

Ahem.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:44 am
All my characters started as sorta pixie/neko/elf things. Got bored of it though so now thay all change race depending on the thread I go into. Except for my first. She's eather elf or vampire depending on what point in her life I start the RP.  

Melunha

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

15,225 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Cheercrusher 50

Cassidy Peterson
Crew

Garbage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:48 am
Meriko
Oh yeah, there's another pet peeve. Fanpanese. XD If you don't speak it, neither should your character. And a name like Yoru no Sakura no Hana Hime Chan Sama is a dead giveaway that you are no more Japanese than I am Irish.

*trots out her average-looking 40+ year old knight to check out Roleplay Retirement Homes with Cartagia's characters*

I have a set of characters with Japanese surnames because "Well, we were Japanese, like... twelve generations ago. And then everybody ******** a lot of un-Japanese people so only the name is Japanese anymore. Hi, I'm Davis Nonomura. My nephew only has a Japanese name because my brother and his wife were big into family history when he was born."

I have a trend of normalish names, or at least non-fangirlese ones. Joseph Moore, Merrimack Ransom, Aurora Hawthorne, Raine Appleworth, etc.

I have a lot of anthro characters, where crossbreeding is a bit more believable. And even so, it's mostly canine/canine feline/feline sort of thing. I don't have many half-humans anymore, though there are some simply because of the world many of my characters originated from.

I only have one part-mythic in Ellowell, my unicorn boy. And his being a unicorn doesn't give him any special powers, just a tail and horn. Most of my mythics are part-human by nature, like my nagas Seabreeze & Dirge, and my angry chibi minotaur Mister Mooface (whose entire concept revolves around being ridiculous anyways).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:04 am
xd Mister Mooface.

Yeah anthro kinda have to be half-something so I forgive those - and I do forgive it if they turn out to have a really good reason for them being a half-breed. 3nodding  

Cartagia

Cassidy Peterson
Crew

Garbage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:18 pm
Cartagia
xd Mister Mooface.

Yeah anthro kinda have to be half-something so I forgive those - and I do forgive it if they turn out to have a really good reason for them being a half-breed. 3nodding

I was just sitting around and suddenly I had this urgent need to draw a chibi minotaur. And he was so adorable, I had to give him a cute name & make him ragey.

And I come up with fun crossbreeds. My older ones were just to slap the features of one onto the body of the other, but I'm trying to actually merge instead of splice now. Trying to design a rabbit/raccoon crossbreed at the moment.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:43 pm
*AHAHAHA* Golden Havens/Caverns/Forests Retirement Home. Vampires wandering around wondering where they left their fangs and elves that still look 25 but got put there by their ingrate children.

Mr. Mooface! *dies* Love it.  

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Cassidy Peterson
Crew

Garbage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:25 am
Werewolves who can't remember what they're supposed to howl at whee and faeries with greying droppy wings xp

Worship Mister Mooface!!! And it's not Mr, it's Mister. It's his name xd  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:29 am
User Image

omg Cassi so cute whee

All this character talk makes me want to revise mine.. not that I'm likely to do any roleplay soon but oh well. My first Gaia character was unicorn/elf/drow/dragon/neko.. She was sorta spliced together by a mad scientist. Now though she's been calmed down to a unicorn anthro.
User Image

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:13 pm
*considers further torturing her already-tortured FFVII Turk OC by throwing him in with all the mythical beasties*  
Silky Slime Laboratory

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 284 285 286 287 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games