Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Silky Slime Laboratory
[GRP] Silky Slime Laboratory: Meriko's Workstation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:30 am
Serene bounced in agreement to Bass' comment and gave the Squishingtons a once-over. Not-as-pretty-as-me. Good. She magnanimously prepared to find the new slimes agreeable, but remained quiet in deference to her diety, who seemed about to engage in some sort of discussion with the owner of the grey and pink slimes.

Meriko seemed to enjoy abusing Serene's dignity in front of company, and the glimmering slime didn't want to attract any attention of the unwanted type to herself in front of the new slimes. Must protect dignity. Must exude calm and poise. Must impress.

The allegedly abusive diety tracked the wee pink slime's progress across the counter, nodding and mmhmm-ing at appropriate moments while listening to Cassi's concerns. She bent down, chin practically on the counter, and stared at the wee pink slime for a while, protective slime hubby notwithstanding.

Straightening up, she said to Cassi, "Good color, even surface texture, bounces nicely. If she's doing as well as you say I see no problems with breeding her. Size isn't too much of an issue so long as she's healthy. You just might not want to breed her too often. She'll probably lose a bit of weight and energy after she has a baby, so you'll want to beef her back up before trying again."

After eyeing the little slime again, she added, "If you decide to breed her we'll keep an extra close eye on her, of course. And if anything happens we can...er. It's sort of like a c-section for slimes, but it's not really a cut-'em-open type of thing. Anyway I've done it once before and it turned out fine. The mother just needed an extra week with us to heal up and a few supplements."

Meriko skirted around the technical aspects of the slime-section, not wanting to admit that their state-of-the-art lab sometimes resorted to emergency experiments involving a turkey baster.

Down at countertop level, Serene bounced a few times to show off her shimmeriness and replied as regally as she could,

"Greetings, Squishington and Lady. I am Serene. I am Meriko's slime." She bounced once more to add emphasis to the last bit. She might not be Lady Serene, but she was a diety's.

(ooc: *kicks forum/GGN errors for eating her post*)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:39 am
(OOC: Twice now, I've become the luckiest Gaian alive. ._______.;;)  

Prince Forte

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:48 am
(ooc: I wish I knew what you were talking about. *lol* Anyhoo, lunchtime for me! *flits away*)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:49 am
"Oh, really? Awesome. That's great, Meri, thanks a million. I don't plan on breeding her 'often'. I may only breed her ever once. Probably not even three times. The Greenhouse is awful big yeah, but I don't want too too many Slimes until I've had time to expand. Compass seems to find the place too confining already and keeps getting out. I'll have to get him his own cactus soon aside from already having his own flower. But, I suppose that's what I get for giving him such an adventurous personality!" Cassi laughed, leaning on the table and watching the Slimes squeak and chirp at each other, giggling as Squishington puffed himself up.

"Hey, you little bully. You'd better not be making threats, you hear me? If Lady gets into any trouble you just yell and I'll be right over." She gave her Slimes a pet each, and wiggled her fingers in greeting at the others on the table. "Oh cute, is that guy a fanSlime? MegaMan series, right? That's awful cute. I've been considering a series of MegaMan fanSlimes but there would just be too many coinciding colors. And you know how I hate having same-colored slimes within a set!" She laughed, straightening. "Besides, I've got a lot of fanSlime series in the planning already. Plus Customs - Tempest and Maelstrom are eager to start getting their sisters." (3)

Cassidy Peterson
Crew

Garbage

Prince Forte

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:01 pm
*Forte walks up as Cassidy starts on admiring Bass' helmet.*

Yup; I made that helmet myself; but it's not just there for decoration. It channels my slime's special abilities regarding sound.

*All the while during Cassidy's ramble, Bass just blinked and stared up at her before turning to Lady S.*

Your owner sure is talkative. @.@

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:07 pm
Lady nodded, grinning. "She lets her thoughts run kinda randomly. If she's talking about something, she may forget to stop talking when she starts on the random thoughts."

Squishington nodded, flattening himself slightly and keeping a wary eye on Bass. "Cassi is a friendly person, but she's very eccentric. All the Slimes in the Greenhouse are very dear to her, and she wants many more Slimes so that nobody will ever be lonely." (1)

Cassidy Peterson
Crew

Garbage

Prince Forte

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:11 pm
She really is a nice person, then. You're lucky to have her... *Bass replied, quailing slightly under Lord S.'s gaze. What was with this guy? He wasn't being mean, or rude...at least not to his knowledge.*  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:35 pm
(OOC: Gonna go for a bit. Bye!)  

Prince Forte

Moryera

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:44 pm
As much as Hal hates to eavesdrop, he can't help but pay attention to the conversation between the goddess Meriko and the visiting woman. The truth is, he always sort of wanted children, but Abbie would have no part of it. A kid would slow her down, she says. Personally, Hal thinks that's just what Abbie needs.

He is interrupted from his reflection by a very loud Abbie-ish cry from across the lab.

"OOH! SOMETHING SHINY!"

What could it possibly be now? With a sigh, he starts bouncing in the direction of the shout. "Alright, pookie, what did you find..."

"I dunno. There's a sparkle floating around on the counter over there. I'ma go see what it is."

"Er, muffin, that looks like another sli---"

"I said I'ma go see what it is!"

And before Hal can stop her, Abbie is already hopping steadily in Serene's direction. This is going to be trouble, I know it... (3)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:58 pm
Squishington flinched slightly at the yelling Slime-voice. Cassi blinked, glancing in the direction of the grey Slime's glower, and grinned. "You are such a little villain, you know that?" She smiled, stroking the grey slime with a finger. "Not every strange Slime is a threat to the Lady, y'know."

She picked up the Squishingtons, setting them carefully in the satchel-thing at her hip. Lady promptly settled herself down on a particularly large petal for a nap. Her mate loomed over her watchfully, then flattened himself, covering her slightly, and also closed his eyes for a snooze.

Cassi giggled, watching them, then snapped her head up. "Oh! I almost forgot. Meriko, hey, Meri, I brought a snaaack..." She dug into her pocket, pulling out a plastic-wrapped rectangle. It was slightly bent, and striped longwise in brown, white, and pink. "It's coconut candy - my Slimes love 'em, so I thought yours might appreciate some. Chocolate, vaniller, an' strawberry, just like neopolitan ice cream." She grinned, handing the candy over, then waved to the Slimes on the table as she headed out. (3)

Cassidy Peterson
Crew

Garbage

cardi

Cat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:09 pm
Cardi walked into the room with her donut box that contained Kahlua, Griever, and Ifrit. "Now let's try this again," she said as she set the box on the counter and lifted the lid.

Ifrit was soundly sleeping, after having wolfed down his breakfast and romped about Cardi's study. Cardi decided she should wash him first this time, before he wakes up and runs around before he's all clean.

Ifrit awoke when the lukewarm water hit him. He yelped. "Hey! That's cold!"

As if Cardi read his mind, she mused, "Oh yeah, you like hot stuff, huh?" She turned on the hot water, making Ifrit purr happily.

Griever, as usual, was brooding. There was a lot of awkwardness in the donut box, between him and Kahlua. It didn't help that Ifrit was loudly snoring.

He noted that there were more people in the lab. Absently, his eyes went from orange-red and green slimehs to a slimeh with a strange ornament to a slimeh that seemed to...sparkle. He blinked for a moment, taking a second look.

Back in the box, Kahlua badly wanted to strike up a conversation with Griever. Unfortunately, she was too nervous to do anything. Griever's gruff demeanor didn't help. It's not like that's anything new, she thought. Griever and I never really got along. But I wish we get along better. We've been through quite a number of situations together now.

She busied herself looking around the lab as well. The distinctive slimehs, the one with a strange ornament and the one that is all shiny, caught her eye for a moment. And then she saw Squishy. Her eyes widened, and she excitedly turned to Griever to tell him.

But she caught Griever still looking at the shiny slimeh. An unpleasant feeling rose within Kahlua. It was not unlike the feeling she had when she saw Caz and Hue under the same petal.

(6)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:18 pm
Before long, Abbie has crossed the distance between where she and Hal were, and where Serene is.

"Hello~? Hello, miss?"

"Abbie, honey, stop that, she's talking to someone else, don't bother the poor gi---"

Abbie, as usual, ignores him.

"Hello! Yeah, hiya. Did you know you have a sparkle on your head?"

"Sugar, I'm sure she knows she has a sparkle on her head."

"Maybe she doesn't KNOW she has a sparkle on her head. I'm only trying to be polite."

Abbie gives Hal a pointed look, and then goes back to grinning in an amiable (but somewhat over-excited) way at Serene. Hal just sighs. As much as he loves Abbie, "polite" is just a word that should not be in her vocabulary. (2)  

Moryera

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:51 pm
"Awesome, thanks." Meriko took the coconutty confection from Cassi and wiggled it at the slimes on the counter. "Snack time," she trilled, and then went to find a clean petri dish to crumble some into.

Serene watched the Squishingtons get packed away and then looked over the other potential sycophants in the room. Bass was officially an admirer. Now, who else wants to admire me? She bounced a few times as a slime came charging over to show off some more sparkles and replied,

"Of course. I am a moon goddess." Technically that was moon goddess slime, but that didn't sound quite so impressive. Hal shouldn't worry. "Polite" isn't really a term Serene is intimate with. She thinks she is. She isn't.

"My name is Serene. I am Meriko's." She twists a bit, this way and that, to better catch the light shining upon her body.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:00 pm
"We're back in the lab?" blankly asked Ifrit after Cardi finished toweling him dry. Then he began bouncing up and down. "We get to see Squishy again!"

Cardi reached for the nearest slime--which was Griever--and began to give him a thorough washing.

Kahlua mustered a smile at Ifrit's excitement. Trying to tear her thoughts away from Griever staring at the shiny, pale pink slimeh, she said, "Yeah, The First is right over there on the counter."

"Ooh! Let's go see him!"

"After I get washed up..."

"No! Let's go see him now!" and then Ifrit got behind Kahlua and jostled her off the counter.

"Hey!" Cardi cried, dropping Griever with a sploosh on the sink. "Not again!"

Griever decided to finish washing himself by himself.

Since Kahlua was lagging, Cardi had no problem catching her. "You're such a troublemaker," she told Ifrit. Then she took Kahlua back to the sink, where she set her down. She picked up Griever and toweled him dry. "Go join Ifrit and make sure he stays out of trouble," she told him.

Since Cardi was still holding him, Griever reckoned she was waiting for a response. He nodded.

"Aw, I know I could count on you." She gently set him on the floor and turned to wash Kahlua.

Griever squished over to Ifrit. "Stop giving Cardi a hard time."

"Look! It's Squishy! You think we can get his autograph?"

Griever turned to watch the shiny slimeh again. "Do you think she's some sort of a prototype?" he asked, ignoring Ifrit's question.

(6)

cardi

Cat

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:12 pm
Meriko came back to the island and set a large petri dish down on the countertop and began sprinkling bits of Cassi's coconut candy into it.

"Come and get it," she sang out softly to the slimes that were gathering near. None for the babies, though. After there was a nice pile of pink, white, and brown flakes in the petri dish she walked away again to wrap up the rest of the candy and prepare the honey solution that she fed to the various other slimes on the shelves.

"What is it?" Serene asked no one in particular. Despite the potential admirers gathering around, the sweet scent of the candy caught at her attention and lured her to the tall mound in the middle of the countertop. Squishy had already reached the dish and - used to random new snacks from his owner - reached out and mouthed up one white flake.  
Silky Slime Laboratory

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff