[PRP] Underneath Crewel Manor Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cardi

Cat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:55 pm
"Oh, it's so good to be back!" exclaimed Hue as she bounced around The Basement, her eyes glowing bright.

Griever looked over at Kahlua. When they returned to The Basement, they found out right away that Hue was beside Caz during the trip back. "Yeah man," said Ifrit. "She was so mashed up against him, you think the box was closing in on us or something." Of course, Kahlua's face had fallen.

Then he caught himself. I only felt sorry for her. It's a lot of things to deal with, he told himself.

Ifrit nudged Griever. "This is your chance," he said in a whisper. Some whisper: it was so loud that everybody turned towards them.

Griever ignored him and proceeded to look for Ree. He was especially looking forward to finding Ree. Pounding the stuffing out of him would help him release some frustration over the way things are turning out.

Kahlua had the same idea about looking for Ree. But after combing through the entire Basement four times, including searching every nook and cranny, they could not find Ree. Other slimehs, who were having dinner, stopped and took a curious look at them.

Dammit. That slimeh has gotten out of The Basement and isn't back yet, thought Griever angrily. He watched Kahlua get more and more distraught. I'ma pound him ten times over when he shows up.

Kahlua slumped over. "He's not here," she whispered.

Griever started towards her to let her lean into him again. But then Caz appeared.

"Are you okay?" he asked Kahlua. "You haven't had your dinner yet." Then he let Kahlua lean into him.

Curtly, Griever spoke, "It'll be all fine tomorrow." Then he squished away as fast as he could.

(6)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:12 pm
"Are you really okay?" Caz asked with concern. "You've picked your food only a tiny bit."

Kahlua mustered a smile. I'm so glad Caz is here. "I'm fine," she lied.

The two of them sat together in a hammock. Given the way things were turning out between her and Caz, Kahlua should have been happy. But whenever she had the slightest positive emotion, it was immediately followed by guilt. Ree's still missing.

She hoped fervently that Griever was right. It would be all okay in the morning. Ree would be back, sleeping along with the LoTR slimehs.

Just then, the bookcase swiveled open. Kahlua jumped. It was Caz's concerned eyes that calmed her down. "It's just Cardi," he said reassuringly.

"Oh, yeah. Right."

Cardi stood at the bottom of the stair steps. Anxiously, Kahlua watched her.

"Alright, kids. Leo put together a little underground railway for you. You see that trapdoor over there? It leads to a little station with three wagons. Each wagon can hold two slimehs. A wagon should never have more than two slimehs at any time. If you push the wagon, it'll go down the rail and go straight to the temple. You should come out a few feet away from the temple entrance."

Slimehs bobbed up and down and excitedly chattered among themselves.

"If it's too late at night, don't go out. There are wild creatures about. Oh yeah, and you guys behaved great at the temple today. Did everybody make good wishes with their incense sticks?"

The slimehs blankly looked at her.

"Hm. I guess you don't know what they're called," Cardi mused. "Oh well. Good night, dears. I'll be back tomorrow morning to check up on the rail and make sure it's in good working order after y'all tested it."

"Incense sticks?" wondered Caz. "We didn't have any incense sticks."

"I would've liked to make a wish with an incense stick," Kahlua murmured.

He looked at her. "I would've liked to make a wish with an incense stick, too."

Kahlua felt herself blush.

(6. knocked off 2 points for short sentences >.<)

cardi

Cat

cardi

Cat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:33 pm
Caz knew there would be hell to pay tomorrow. Tomorrow, because he chose to sleep in Kahlua's spot that night, along with the LoTR slimehs. It was a particularly juicy bit of gossip: all slimehs were buzzing.

Several times, Latte and Maddie had gone up to him with murder in their eyes. But Caz always managed to evade them. He knew that it wouldn't be as easy tomorrow, when he turns over his earth.

But he didn't care. He liked being with Kahlua. At first, he was very much annoyed when people started gossiping about them. But when the two of them were together in the box, he realized being with her calmed him down. She made him feel happy. He knew that the gardens in the temple was his favorite spot because they spent time there together.

The fact that Diablos cast murderous glances his way didn't bother Caz at all. He was relatively confident in his own abilities to stand up to Diablos if ever the situation came up. But he didn't like the feeling that would come over him whenever he saw Kahlua with Griever. He knew that Griever was antisocial and would not get involved in anything. Nevertheless, he made Caz uncomfortable.

As they were setting up their petals, Harrar had come over to Caz. "She offered to share a petal with Ree last night," he whispered to Caz.

He was taken aback.

"If she doesn't offer to share her petal with you, that's a good sign."

"Why would it be a good sign?" he asked, puzzled. He suddenly blushed at the thought of him and Kahlua sleeping under the same petal.

"Because she doesn't mind sharing a petal with platonic friends. Not sharing a petal with you, after you've spent time together and are sleeping in the same spot, means she doesn't think of you as a platonic friend. She thinks of you as something more."

Hope surged through Caz. "Harrar, you're brilliant."

"I know."

Kahlua gave him a shy look before saying good-night and closing her eyes. She didn't offer to share her petal with him. Caz closed his eyes and tried to look like he was going to sleep, too. But he was so happy and excited that it took a long time for him to really go back to sleep.

(6)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:52 pm
When Griever opened his eyes, he had the most uncomfortable and unpleasant feeling. It had something to do with the thought of Caz and Kahlua together. I'm happy for them, he thought. They're going to have baby coffee slimehs. Latte would be so proud. Once he comes around to accepting Kahlua. That irritated him even more.

And he was very thirsty. Blearily, he stumbled out of his sleeping spot and squished towards the fridge.

"Hue, come down here. Be reasonable."

Griever warily looked over to find Hue wedged between the edge of the bookcase and the doorframe.

"No!"

Caz was at the foot of the staircase. "You'll rupture and die when Cardi opens the door and comes in."

"That's my whole plan!" she cried hysterically.

Oh boy. Griever continued to the fridge and took a drink of water.

"Hue, don't do this."

"You don't care what'll happen to me!"

"Of course I care."

"You don't care! You don't love me. I don't even know if you like me." Hue began to cry. "Why won't you like me?"

"Of course I like you."

"Why won't you love me?!" she wailed.

Griever could sense how Caz faltered. I don't feel sorry for you, you b*****d, he thought as he determinedly squished back towards the greenhouse.

"You love her, don't you?" Hue cried. "Her! Kahlua!"

Griever stopped short.

"Hue..."

"I'm going to kill myself if you don't tell me you love me!"

Griever squished into the greenhouse and determinedly burrowed himself in his earth. Beside him, Ifrit rolled over and mumbled something about cherry blossoms.

When he looked over, he was taken aback. Caz and Hue were standing together at the bottom of the stairs. He's a really powerful persuader, he thought before making himself drift into a troubled sleep. I hope this doesn't bother Kahlua too much.

(6. took off two points for short sentences)

cardi

Cat

cardi

Cat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:14 pm
Kahlua was bewildered. Did she dream up the whole thing between her and Caz? Suddenly, he wouldn't have anything to do with her. And Hue was all over him, but he never pushed her away.

She steeled herself for another brush-off and went to him during lunch. "Caz..." she began.

Hue was feeding Caz. She shot her a hostile look. "Go away!"

Kahlua took a step back. "Caz, can I talk to you for a moment?"

"No, you may not," said Hue angrily. "Go away!"

Maddie showed up beside Kahlua. "You heard her. Stop bothering the two of them. Leave them alone and get a life."

Caz didn't meet her eyes.

What is going on? Kahlua wondered, bewildered and hurt. She looked from Maddie's malicious smile to Hue's hateful glare. Then she looked at Caz, who was resolutely avoiding her gaze. "I...I'm sorry," she murmured before squishing away.

"Damn straight you should be sorry!" snapped Maddie after her.

Maybe she did dream everything. Maybe she just dreamt that she and Caz were behaving like a couple. And when she woke up, everybody was buzzing about Caz and Hue.

But the rest of the gossip convinced her that what she experienced actually happened. Everybody was wondering why Caz had the sudden turnaround. Some didn't even bother to hide their puzzlement from her. She already got "Did you guys fight? So soon?" several times already. And it wasn't even noon yet.

Most of the regular coffee slimehs were exultant over Caz's turnaround. And Kahlua heard several "Caz, that lucky dog! Being with Hue!" and "Aww, Caz and Hue make the perfect couple!" Each exclamation just made her more and more despondent.

To make matters worse, Ree was still absent. Several slimehs were already starting to notice. But it seemed Griever invented something, because nothing came out of these slimehs' inquiries. Kahlua was glad. She was too confused, hurt, and bewildered to rationally handle the situation.

The day came and went. It was probably the worst day of Kahlua's life. Not even Espresso's little treats and gentle nudges made it better. He looked at her so concernedly and tended to her so gently that it only added to her sadness.

Finally, when night fell, Kahlua couldn't take it anymore. Most of the slimehs were sleeping. The wagons, which had been so used that day, were now empty. She pushed against the wagon, hopped into it, and let herself be carried to the temple.

(9)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:30 pm
Go to the temple for this installment ^^  

cardi

Cat

cardi

Cat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:45 pm
Espresso was doing a good job kicking Griever's Triple Triad butt. When the sound of the opening trapdoor reached them, Griever was relieved, even though he wouldn't admit it.

Kahlua shuffled into Espresso's fern. She was taken aback at the sight of Griever with Espresso. "I...just wanted to say good-night, Espresso," she said, giving him a gentle tap. "Thank you for today."

Espresso eyed her with plain concern. Then he glanced at Griever, turned back to Kahlua, and shook his head.

"I taught him that," said Griever to Kahlua's unspoken question.

"...Thank you." She turned to Espresso. "I'm sorry, dear, but it would do me good to be at my usual sleeping spot. I'll be fine, don't worry."

"No, Espresso's right. Stay here with us, Kahlua," said Tequila softly. She was underneath the same petal as Gin.

Griever looked around him and then turned back to Kahlua. "You should stay here."

At that, Kahlua stiffened. "Good night," she repeated one more time before turning around and squishing back to the greenhouse.

"b*****d," growled Griever under his breath as he tossed down his cards.

Espresso growled back at him.

"Ah, I didn't mean her," he said.

At that, Espresso nodded and took on an angry look of his own.

"Caz is so cruel," murmured Tequila.

"You were no price either, all snuggled up there with your sweetums," retorted Ifrit. He was cleverly concealed under a large fern leaf. When Griever decided to visit Espresso's fern pot, Ifrit wanted to come along and would not take no for an answer.

"It's not like I made them break up," responded Tequila.

Gin hid deeper under the petal to escape the squabbling.

Ifrit turned to Griever. "Go to her, man. She's hurting."

"No." Griever picked up his cards and turned to Espresso. "Your draw."

(6)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:56 pm
It was not easy sleeping amidst LoTR slimehs. Everybody in the greenhouse watched her for the longest time, even Hue as she curled under a petal with Caz. He must've returned not long after Kahlua did. The sight of the two of them together under one petal made her lean against something for support.

Kahlua dug herself a small hole, burrowed in, and placed her petal over herself. The slimehs' eyes on her drove her crazy. She wanted to yell at them to stop. Tomorrow, she thought. Tomorrow I'll get up early and look for Ree again. I don't care how long it takes. I'll keep looking until I find him.

Tears slowly filled her eyes. But she drifted into a deep sleep.

(2)

cardi

Cat

cardi

Cat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:04 pm
Caz always thought it would be nice to sleep under one petal with a girl slimeh. And he knew it was a significant event. It was a coming-of-age thing. But that night, he was not happy at all as Hue snuggled up to him under one petal.

Anger came over him. If she's in love with me, she wouldn't have done this. What about my needs? What about my happiness?

Latte passed by with a huge grin. "Careful under there, kiddies," he said heartily. "Don't want you two multiplying too fast."

"Don't be silly, Latte!" giggled Hue. "You know those are possible only in The Lab!"

Suddenly, the thought of being in a breeding tank with Hue made Caz nauseous. I can't have baby slimehs with someone who has her personality, he thought. I can't have children with someone so self-centered and selfish.

"Yeah, stop embarrassing them and go to sleep, Latte," said Maddie merrily.

Before Hue went to sleep, she whispered to him, "I'm so happy, Caz."

But by then, he had already closed his eyes. He pretended to be asleep so he didn't have to answer her.

(4)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:10 pm
Griever watched silently as Kahlua struggled with the trapdoor and plopped into the little rail station.

She stopped upon seeing him in the frontmost wagon. "What're you doing here?" she asked, taken aback.

"And good morning to you too," sarcastically he said. "Let's go."

"What do you mean?"

"You want to go to the temple to look for Ree, right?"

For a moment, she looked lost. Griever patiently waited. Then she reluctantly climbed into the wagon with him. One little strategic lean from Griever and they were zooming off the rail.

The two of them were silent throughout the trip. When the wagon stopped, they hopped out. Griever opened the trapdoor and let Kahlua go through first. When he got up and closed the trapdoor, Kahlua had already squeezed through the shrubs and was hurrying towards the temple.

(3)

cardi

Cat

cardi

Cat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:36 pm
Go to the temple for this installment ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:26 pm
It was high noon when Griever and Kahlua returned to The Basement. Kahlua was so depressed over not finding Ree that she didn't even care to eat, no matter how many leaves Espresso placed before her.

Ifrit reached over and grabbed one of her leaves. "You gonna eat those?"

Kahlua shook her head.

Griever gave Ifrit a warning look. They were back in Espresso's fern pot. For some reason, Ifrit immensely enjoyed it there. He would have little brawls with the booze slimehs or try to cheat at Triple Triad when playing with Espresso. Bahamut joined them briefly, but he had to excuse himself to be with the company of several female summon slimehs.

"What?" Ifrit asked, completely oblivious.

Griever turned to Kahlua. "You need to eat."

She listlessly shook her head. Ordinarily, she would have found the leaves appetizing. But that day, all she wanted was to burrow in a little hole in the earth.

"Yeah, Griever's right," said Ifrit. "You need to eat."

Just then, the bookcase swiveled open. Kahlua wasn't even excited at the prospect of Cardi's visit. And when Cardi picked her up, she only listlessly looked up.

"Are you okay, dear?" Cardi asked with concern.

Kahlua blinked and nodded listlessly.

Cardi picked up Griever. "Is she okay?" she wanted to know.

Griever shook his head.

"Aw. What's wrong, dear?" Then Cardi answered her own question. "I guess that's a little more complicated than nodding or shaking your head, huh?"

Kahlua simply gazed down.

"Well, this might cheer you up," said Cardi cheerfully. She glanced around and then picked up Ifrit. "We'll be right back," she told Espresso, who looked up at them in alarm.

(6)

cardi

Cat

cardi

Cat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:43 pm
Go to Meriko's workspace for this RP installment ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:17 pm
"Caz, what do you think our children will be like?" asked Hue as she curled up against him in the hammock.

Caz was looking forward to an afternoon by himself in a hammock. Hue was supposed to go play with Maddie and Latte and a few other coffee slimehs that they permitted in their exclusive circle. But at the last minute, Hue returned to the greenhouse, deciding to snuggle with him instead of playing with the others.

He didn't reply to Hue's question. The day was progressing from bad to worse. He loathed himself for making Kahlua depressed. And now he was very much concerned that Cardi carted away Kahlua with Griever and Ifrit.

Ordinarily, he wouldn't have been bothered that Cardi took Kahlua away, so he puzzled himself with his reaction. Some little voice inside him was wondering whether he was especially concerned because Kahlua was with Griever. There was something about Griever that unsettled Caz.

"Caz, you're not listening to me!" cried Hue.

"I don't know," he answered a bit curtly.

"Why won't you listen to me?" she cried again.

"I'm tired," he shifted, moving away from her.

Hue responded by closing the distance between them and wrapping herself around him again. "Then let's take a nap together," she said happily.

Caz couldn't contain himself any longer. He squished to the ground. "I just want to be alone right now. Okay?" without bothering to look at Hue's reaction, he squished off to a distant hammock.

(4)

cardi

Cat

cardi

Cat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:43 pm
"I'm telling you, Squishy was there!" said Ifrit, bouncing up and down in frustration.

"Yeah, that's what Cardi said too..." Kahlua began.

Then Griever growled, "We know that. Now shut up."

Kahlua looked over at Griever in disapproval, but he didn't care. It was bad enough to be trapped in a box with Ifrit and Kahlua. But to be trapped in a box with Ifrit and Kahlua and listen to Ifrit yammering nonstop tested the utmost of Griever's patience. Only Kahlua's presence prevented him from smacking Ifrit into unconsciousness.

They've been moving for a while. Each move jiggled the box. Since they weren't packed tightly, they slid around. Ifrit, while talking nonstop, would happily roll about at the slightest nudge. Griever had no problem staying upright and just sliding all over the place; he couldn't do anything about the sliding, so he wore a disgruntled expression that seemed permanently etched in his features. Kahlua, on the other hand, was too small to stay upright by herself. Every now and then, she would roll about, making her squeak in alarm.

"I saw Squishy! I'll never wash my eyes again!" Ifrit punctuated that with a roll through the box. Suddenly, the box jostled somewhat violently. "Whee!"

Kahlua tumbled and came to a squishy stop when she hit one side of the box. She stayed still for a moment.

Griever and Ifrit looked at her. Ifrit gave Griever a you-go-check look.

"Are you okay?" asked Griever.

After a pause, Kahlua said breathlessly, "Yes, I'm fine." Then she uprighted herself.

The box violently shook again, sending Kahlua careening to the other side of the box. Ifrit was enjoying rolling around himself too much to pay close attention to Kahlua's plight. What the hell is Cardi doing? wondered Griever in annoyance. If this was her way of cheering up Kahlua, then she got a warped definition of what is cheerful.

Kahlua uprighted herself again, looking incredibly disoriented. Then the box jostled once more, making her roll over.

"Whee!" said Ifrit.

Griever couldn't stand seeing the pathetic picture Kahlua made. He squished over and planted himself right beside her. "Just hold on to me and you'll be fine."

Kahlua warily looked at him.

For a moment, he thought she would decline. Then she gingerly leaned into him. When the box jostled again, the two of them slid together, upright, to the other side of the box.

Griever ignored Ifrit's meaningful look.

(8 )

Private Roleplay and Silky Slime Collection Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces