Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Silky Slime Laboratory
[GRP] Silky Slime Laboratory: Meriko's Workstation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:23 pm
The cardboard box was now emitting faint mwees and tiny cries that sounded less frantic, at least, if they didn't quite sound happy.

Over at the island, Meriko straightened up - and took her eyes off of Serene - and replied to Cardi,

"Not quite sure, but I think Serene's weak to processed sugar. I've given her honey before and she was fine, but this candy might have overloaded her. I mean seriously...she seems drunk. We've been careful with their diets for the most part so I didn't even know this could happen."

Down on the countertop, Serene suddenly felt sleepy. Apparently she was not the belligerent drunk type. With the occassional leftover giggle making her bounces a bit erratic, she went back to her spot by Griever and then tried to climb on him to take a nap. He looked cozy.

"I sleepies," she announced.

(ooc: Tomorrow I'm going to wonder what the holy hell I was thinking, typing this totally random crap up. XD)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:33 pm
Griever didn't know what to make of the situation. Ifrit had gone back to the candy and seemed completely oblivious to what was going on outside the petri dish. And this shiny slimeh was climbing on top of him. For some reason he doesn't know. For the first time, Griever was at loss. His eyes tried to meet Cardi's.

Cardi, being slower than molasses, took time to process Meriko's explanation. "Wow," she said, adjusting her glasses. "Processed sugar, huh? My slimehs might also be knocked out of the loop because they're strict vegetarians and..." at that, realization came over her. She hurried back to where the dish was and lifted Ifrit.

Ifrit squeaked, belligerent at being deprived of his candy.

"No, you've had enough. Griever, are you okay?" Cardi's eyebrows lifted at the sight of Griever getting stepped on by the shiny slimeh. "Well. Aren't you two cozy over there."

Griever took it Cardi had no intention of extricating him from his awkward situation. With a low sigh, he sat down and let the shiny slimeh climb over him. She was pretty, but the whole thing was just...strange. His thoughts went back to Kahlua.

Kahlua had finally reached the donut box. As she was climbing into it, she looked up to witness the shiny slimeh all over Griever. A gasp escaped her.

(4)

cardi

Cat

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:44 pm
Serene was child-like in ways. Ignorant, inexperienced, and when someone - in this case, Fate - took the wheel and started driving, she just fell asleep in the passenger seat. Serene fussed for just a moment as she muzzily searched for her balance, and when she somehow managed to perch herself perfectly atop the black slime, she promptly fell asleep with a contented sigh. It had been a long day.

As Cardi rushed off to check on her slimes, Meriko glanced down to see how her little drunk was doing.

"..."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:52 pm
Cardi pushed her glasses up on her nose again with one hand. Her other hand held a squirming Ifrit, who was momentarily forgotten. "Interesting," she said to herself, fascinatedly watching Griever put up with being slept on. "I think you're displaying some symptoms from eating the sugar, too. Lots of out-of-character properties."

That didn't sound good. Griever tried to look up at Cardi with a frown. But it was especially hard, with a slimeh precariously balanced on top of him. This isn't out-of-character. Kahlua sleeps against me all the time...

Cardi now scrutinized Ifrit. He squirmed violently. "Griever gets docile and lethargic after sugar, but you definitely have more traditional effects. Now where's Kahlua?"

"Must...have...sugar!"

Cardi glanced around the counter, looking for her little red slimeh.

From the donut box, Kahlua knew Cardi was looking for her. But she felt no desire in making her presence known. Not when Griever easily let that shiny slimeh sleep on top of him, after being so distant to her. And all the other female slimehs in The Basement, she had to sternly add to her silent diatribe. It took some effort, but she managed to get the donut box lid shut.

(4)

ooc: at this rate, griever and kahlua will never get together to have garnet xD ah, yes, sugar. the slimehs' booze xD

cardi

Cat

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:01 am
Meriko stared at the slime-stack for a moment, trying to figure out whether she was more perplexed at how Serene had managed to climb up and fall asleep on the other slime in her tipsy state or why it had occurred to the slime to do so in the first place. With a disbelieving shake of the head, Meriko carefully scooped up the somnolent slime in her hands and placed her on her grassy habitat.

"Sorry about that," she whispered to the little black slime, who all in all had taken the whole thing in quite calmly. Meriko was impressed.

"I'll put the sugar away," she said quietly to Cardi. "And then I think we'd better tuck them all in to sleep it off. Hopefully they'll all be back to normal tomorrow morning. I'm not sure I know how to treat hangovers."

Any slimes remaining at the petri dish were nudged aside, and then Meriko lifted it up and carried it off to be covered in a bit of plastic wrap. There was probably no harm in keeping it and feeding it to the slimes again, but in very small amounts. No more group binging.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:16 am
Cardi was still wondering where Kahlua went. She hoped the little red slimeh didn't wander off as a result of a sugar high.

"Well, I'm pretty sure at least one of my slimehs will be sleeping it off before we leave, " she said with a grin as she held Ifrit with a second hand. He was squirming more violently now, realizing that he would be bereft of the candy for good.

Griever was relieved when the shiny slimeh was lifted off him. He distinctly heard the deity Meriko say something, but he couldn't make out what it was. Suddenly, his eyelids felt heavy.

Cardi finally stuck Ifrit in her pants pocket and gingerly picked up Griever. She nodded to herself in satisfaction when she saw the large, black slimeh snoozing. "Yep, lethargy. Very interesting." She went to stick them in the donut box and was pleasantly surprised to see the little red slimeh in there.

Kahlua looked up at Cardi with despondent eyes.

"Aw, it'll be okay, dear." Cardi set Griever beside her. Immediately, Kahlua squished to the opposite side of the box, planting as much distance between her and Griever as possible. Cardi had to suppress a smile. She pulled Ifrit out of her pocket and placed him in the donut box before shutting the lid. Then she turned to Meriko, "Well, it looks like we got some conflict resolution to set up, so we'll be taking our leave now. Thanks, Meri! The little ones loved the candy. Well, it was good 'till it lasted." At that, she chuckled.

(4)

ooc: oh boy. a fine mess grieve'll have to dig himself out of xD

cardi

Cat

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:25 am
Some of Cardi's comments weren't quite clear to Meriko but she let it go.

"You're welcome. The candy was a gift from Cassi, actually. I'll pass the compliment on, plus a warning." She smiled and waved Cardi out the door and then gave her workstation a once-over. Serene was still sleeping, thank God, and all seemed quiet. Even the cardboard box.

She tip-toed over and peered in. A smile broke over her face as she saw Squishy still in the middle of the box, but now absolutely covered in beige babies. They were snuggled up to him and piled up around him on the sides like a heap of puppies, and some were even perched on top. As Squishy noticed her and glanced upwards, Meriko held up a hand and raised her eyebrows at the babysitting slime in mute inquiry, but Squishy merely held her gaze for a moment and then looked back down at his charges.

With a nod and another smile, she walked away, turned off the lights, and headed home.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:33 am
ooc: yesh, staying up late is having its toll on me as well (insert gonk here). hope i wasn't too confusing xD nite-nite, meri! <3  

cardi

Cat

CartoonKid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:30 pm
Yumi hopped into the room, with Kimiko following behind. Toony ran after both of them and picked them up. "You guys aren't supposed to be here! I'll bring you back to he mansion."
Toony was about to leave the room when she noticed Meriko and Cardi. She pat Yumi's head and walked over to them.
"Hey guys." she waved at them.
ooc: I'm not cmletely clear in what you guys are talking about at the moment (insert sweat emote here)
(1)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:26 am
(ooc: CartoonKid: Cassi had dropped off some homemade coconut candy earlier. Cardi's and my slimes were given some of the coconut candy and they got a little sugar-drunk, so we packed them all up or put them to bed and then left. Let's pretend it's a new day, because I ended my post with the fact that I turned off all the lights and went home. ^^)

Meriko looked up from her laptop and smiled at the visitor.

"Good morning," she said quietly, ever mindful of the newly created baby slimes that were prone to be sensitive to sudden shocks or loud noises. "May I help you with something?"  

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

CartoonKid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:55 pm
ooc: Ok, thanks (insert wink emote here)

"Oh, well, not really. You see, two of my slimes, Kimiko and her daughter Yumi, bounced in here and I followed them, so...yeah. sweatdrop " Toony whispered because Mri was wispering too. She noticed Meri was holding a newly born baby slime. "Oh, so that's why we're whispering! They're so adorable."
Yumi looked up at Meriko and whispered to Kimiko, hopping up and down. "Mommy! Mommy! Mommy! It's one of the Creator's helpers!" "I know Yumi, but we have to be quiet because there are newly born slimes here." Kimiko responded.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:05 pm
(ooc: *quickly turns away from laptop and picks up a baby slime* XD)

"Yeah, I'm working on a new batch," she replied, nodding and smiling. "Some of the new ones get upset at loud or sudden noises, so I generally try to keep the noise level down. Say, have you met everyone already? You know LabTech, I'm sure. LadyDelaidra is in charge of the breeding program and Konami handles most of the adoptions. I'm in charge of R&D."  

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Cassidy Peterson
Crew

Garbage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:28 pm
The door opened, and Cassi strode in, once again wearing the satchel-thing. This time, however, the Squishingtons were nowhere to be seen. A vibrantly colored bluish green Slime was settled on one of the larger leaves in the satchel-thing, seeming distressed.

"Meri! Hey, whoops." Cassi cringed guiltily as she saw the baby Slimes, and lowered her voice carefully. "Hey, Meri, before I forget. You don't wanna give the Slimes too much candy. Just a thin slice off the end is enough, or a thicker slice if there's a lot of Slimes. And, uhm, ooooh, you're lookin' at me funny. You already gave them candy, huh? Oops..." She rubbed her head guiltily.

"Anyways, uhm, I've got a bit of an issue. I can understand mommy Slimes going a bit weird after having a baby, but, erm..." She reached into the satchel-thing, pulling out the Slime inside carefully. "Well, Baby Squishington is fine, but ever since he came home Lord Squishington has been very aggressive." She held the Slime out worriedly. "This is Captain Wigglemeister. He's been Squishington's best friend and very loyal, and he's my oldest Slime. And Squishington attacked him!" Wigglemeister squeaked nervously and shivered.

"Squishington's always been protective of Lady, but I'm worried about the way he's been behaving. I mean, attacking his own best friend! I'm also a bit concerned about Wigglemeister, he seems a bit, erm, less firm since the incident. Squishington's a very large Slime and he was jumping on Wigglemeister." Wigglemeister squished carefully to the edge of Cassi's fingers and squeaked a cautious greeting to Meri. (4)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:50 pm
(ooc: Well, color me inattentive. >.> My apologies.)

Meriko smiled and nodded and pulled out other phrases of body language as seemed appropriate as Cassi spoke, and as soon as the conversation turned to her visitor's brightly colored slime her eyes did likewise.

"Losing resiliency, hmm?" she murmured, bending close over the blue-green slime. At the little squeak, the tech smiled and added quietly, "Hey little buddy. Feeling a little smushed?"

After a quick may-I glance to Cassi, she reached out and gave the Captain a few quick squeezes with her fingers to literally get a feel for the injured slime. She purse her lips a bit and thought for a moment before turning and rummaging in a nearby drawer.

"It's possible he sprung a small leak or just got really bruised up inside when he got pounded on. He doesn't seem to have taken any real harm though, so I think he just needs a little...interior reinforcement," she said over her shoulder. A small white packet was pulled from a box and then brought back over.

"I could just try injecting him with some clear slime gel but I'd like to try something a little less invasive first," Meriko said to Cassi with a grin. "It's not at all scientific but we're a little seat-of-the-pants here, as you may have noticed."

The white paper packet was handed to Cassi, with the "Knox Gelatin" neatly printed on the front.

"One pinch, three times a day, for about five days or so," Meriko instructed. "Give him a light squeeze once a day just to make sure he's not getting worse, but other than that just keep him quiet and most of all away from Lord S."  

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Cassidy Peterson
Crew

Garbage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:19 am
Wigglemeister squeaked in mock offense at the squeezings, wiggling himself back into shape afterwards. He rolled back to the center of Cassi's palm and chirped. Cassi grinned, setting him carefully back into the makeshift satchel, where he promptly started rearranging leaves and petals into a small nest.

"I don't think he's leakin'. He's a bit moist but so're most of my Slimes, thanks to the sprinklers in the Greenhouse." She nodded as she received the instructions. "Three times a day for five days, got it. And I don't think we need to worry about keeping him away from Squishington. They don't seem to be on good terms at the moment so Wigglemeister's got no reason to approach him. I'll be sure to keep an eye on both of them, though."

She put the packet into the satchel, grinning as she saw Wigglemeister nestled under a pile of petals on top of a large leaf.

"I'll have a word with Squishington about his behaviour, too. But I was more concerned with making sure Wigglemeister was alright than scolding Squishington." (2)

Silky Slime Laboratory

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff