Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Silky Slime Laboratory
The Chatterbox~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 284 285 286 287 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:15 am
Being sick sucks, and then there's the bird flu scare as well. Mad cow, bird flu, mercury-laden fish. Is anything safe to eat? ^^;  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:23 am
Meriko
Is anything safe to eat? ^^;

Human flesh? surprised  

Cassidy Peterson
Crew

Garbage

Emi

Shy Explorer

8,425 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:35 am
Cassidy Peterson
Meriko
Is anything safe to eat? ^^;

Human flesh? surprised

If you eat your own kind, it makes you crazy XD Unless you're a chicken for some reason.

I've never had the flu before @-@ So it may be the flu, or it may just be extreme allergy alert. It seems most of the stuff I had feels better with allergy medicine except my headache...besides, if I had the Flu I'd have to be sent to my grandmother's <_<  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:10 pm
Cassi: Nay, that's not safe at all. Or at least, only as safe as eating beef and chicken and fish if you don't test each individual sample for various dangers before eating.

Has anyone seen "War of the Worlds?" (spoiler whited out)-->
During the final scene when the aliens were dying off and that one ship was staggering around like a drunkard in the middle of a bunch of business buildings, I told my husband, "It probably got sick after chewing up too many crackheads." XD  

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Emi

Shy Explorer

8,425 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:12 pm
I saw it July 3rd... XD Not a good day to see that movie xd But it was good @-@ heart Not to mention I read the book razz

Edit: *stabs her topic* It won't let me edit the posts <_<  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:48 pm
The movie sort of lost me with its unreality. I don't mean the sci-fi aspect of it. I can suspend disbelief like you wouldn't believe. XD It just didn't seem possible to me that Ray and both of his children actually managed to survive all of that. I mean come on. *lol* Ray seemed to survive many scenes from sheer dumb luck and his son wasn't exactly a Navy Seal either. I can't believe all three of them managed to swim all the way out of the lake (river?) and survive a night out completely exposed and drenched, and I really can't make myself easily believe that his son could have survived that war zone that he ran straight into after parting from Ray.

I also think that the aliens were very poor planners and that some of their actions just didn't make any sense whatsoever, but that's another three paragraphs of ranting and I'm not up to it. ^^; *coughs and snuffles* Oog.  

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Emi

Shy Explorer

8,425 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:40 pm
*stabs Gaia* Gaia hates me today ;-; Anywaaaay... Yeah, there was alot of things that were really fictional, even for a sci-fi movie. For example, the son living AND getting to their mom first. That was pushing it razz  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:57 pm
Oh, totally. Son runs away from dad straight into a war zone with bullets and rockets and lazers and tentacles galore. The whole area explodes as if someone has dropped a nuke or Death Star about five minutes later and somehow he survives this? And not only survives but makes it to Boston in good time without suffering any injuries. I know that Ray hid out for a little bit but still. It wasn't like he stayed in that basement for weeks upon weeks (right?). And what's more, when Ray and his daughter finally do arrive, the rest of the family just walks out of the house as if nothing major was happening. Ray didn't exactly walk up and ring the bell either. Someone had to have been near a window.

If huge alien ships were wandering around my city and were known to either vaporize or drain anything they saw moving, the window would be the last thing I'd be standing near.
XD  

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Emi

Shy Explorer

8,425 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:06 pm
XXD Exactly. But it was still pretty good overall razz But definitely not a movie you should see around the 4th of July...that was horrible. When that whole big explosion thing and the roundish giant light was off, you could see something similar from my balcony due to the fireworks xd Scared me half to death razz  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:24 pm
*pats Emi* Certain movies should be watched during matinee hours so that you can drive home while it's still full daylight. ^^; Oh, and then do some counteracting by cuddling down at home and watching something lighthearted and funny.

I bought Parasite Eve (video game similar to Resident Evil) and popped it in one afternoon while I was at home alone. BAD IDEA. I got so wrapped up in the gameplay that when I stopped for a moment and realized how much time had passed it was pitch black both outside and inside because it had gradually gotten darker and darker and I never stopped to turn on the lights. So here I am in complete darkness and all alone with my character standing around on the screen, holding a pistol and listening to various mutated creatures drooling in the background.

And I had to pee.

I was leaning against the bottom of the couch and I was too scared to get up and turn on the lights because I was afraid something would jump on my back or fall on my face. XD And then I was too scared to even go to the bathroom because I was afraid I'd see something in the mirror when I turned on the lights. I just sat there in front of the couch for a while, meeping and wishing Hubby would hurry up and come home.

...and yes, I said "Hubby." I was in my mid-twenties when I bought my very first survival horror video game and got too scared by it to get up and turn on the lights. XD Oh, the shame!

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Cassidy Peterson
Crew

Garbage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:45 pm
I remember Parasite Eve. Stef let me borrow it. The second disk, er, vanished sweatdrop Stef was not pleased sweatdrop

I loved that game, but it actually didn't tweak me out much. Hell, me & my sister spent hours giggling "Kill the baby!" the first time we failed the final boss.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:04 pm
XXD Poor Meriko...We actually went around 2 or 3PM, but got back around 5 @-@ Just, people start letting fireworks off around 5 and start shooting the last week of June XD So I was looking out to see fireworks that night and it just freaked me out razz  

Emi

Shy Explorer

8,425 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Cassidy Peterson
Crew

Garbage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:21 pm
*rolls around* WAURGH. *shakes fist at closed orders* I wanna order my Sliiiiiiiiiimes gonk I want Slimes to put in my sig & to breed!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:34 pm
Cassidy Peterson
*rolls around* WAURGH. *shakes fist at closed orders* I wanna order my Sliiiiiiiiiimes gonk I want Slimes to put in my sig & to breed!

*feels the same way* Plus I obivously have too many orders and the forms I need to type up JUST for the slimes with ribbons is a total of 294 ;-; And I even cut it down!  

Emi

Shy Explorer

8,425 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Cassidy Peterson
Crew

Garbage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:45 pm
I've got Slimes to order for friends, and basics to order so I can breed appropriately and apply parentage properly. I need those three Slimes I'm ordering for myself so that my parental Slimes will be older than their own babies @_@  
Silky Slime Laboratory

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 284 285 286 287 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games