Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Silky Slime Laboratory
[GRP] Silky Slime Laboratory: Meriko's Workstation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:13 pm
"The breeding program is something new so we really have no experience with how the whole thing would affect the slimes," Meriko admitted. "I mean we knew they could breed...I just had no idea that it might alter their behavior. The first few slimes we bred seemed to accept the whole thing so matter-of-factly that I guess I've been a bit casual about it all."

She brought her arms together and tapped her chin with one hand in a generic thinking pose, looking at Wigglemeister thoughtfully and pondering a quick meeting with the others. Perhaps a more careful look at slime psychology was in order.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:20 pm
"I don't think it was breeding that affected Squishington's behaviour, I think it was the baby himself." Cassi rubbed her head, leaning against a counter. "Squishington has always been very protective of the Lady. You saw how he was when I brought them in prior to breeding. He's become much more agressive and antisocial since the arrival of Baby." She sighed, watching as Wigglemeister emerged from the petal pile and began rearranging them again. "On the plus side, Lady's been able to become more social now that Squishington has a new outlet for his protective nature. Apparently the incident was triggered when Wigglemeister tried to approach the baby. Squishington probably only tolerated him around Lady because Wigglemeister is the senior Slime in the Greenhouse." (2)

Cassidy Peterson
Crew

Garbage

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:49 pm
"Well, at least you know the baby's not likely to run into any trouble while Papa's around," she replied. "Maybe Lord S will lighten up a bit as the little one grows up, and in the mean time I guess all you can really do is try to keep the other slimes from provoking that protective nature of his."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:53 pm
~As she quickly steps into Meriko's workstation, Angel turns to see the sign that Meriko had posted up.~

I guess I should follow what the sign says...

~As Angel walks over over to a nearby sink and calmly washing her hands throughly. Knight the little red slime that is the most adventurous out of all of the slimes she owned hopped out of Angel's spacious book bag and plopped himself on the floor taking in for the first time the grandness of Meriko's workstation.~

Knight, don't go off and explore. We don't really know where we are right now.
I'm gonna go explore!

~The hard-headed slime didn't bother listening to his owner~

Knight...Fine just don't wander off too far...Also, don't touch make too much noise...

(( 2 ))

Angel Valentine

5,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cassidy Peterson
Crew

Garbage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:41 pm
Cassi grinned at the Slime that Kichou set down, then nodded at Meri.

"Yeah well... Squishington is really gonna hear it from me once I bring Wigglemeister home." She blinked, as if remembering something, then tilted her head. "Oh! And before I forget... I got one of those Lurve Potion thingums... Those things do work, right? I mean, not that I don't think it will!" She rubbed her head again. "It's just, I dunno, uh, I dunno what I'm sayin'. I just, uhm, well I wanna make sure nothin' weird goes on. 'Cause I wanna breed Compass with a green but it's gonna be sorta spontaneous 'cause I don't have any greens of my own. And, uhm... Gyah, I'm just bein' awkward now." She giggled a bit, then turned her attention back to Wigglemeister. "Ah well. Let's head home, huh, little guy? I've got a lollipop in my pocket, I'll smash it and let you have a piece."

She waved, walking off without waiting for an answer to her question. "Seeya Meri." (2)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:51 pm
The love potions were sort of freaky but they were in fact guaranteed to work. Cassi had nothing to worry about. Meriko waved her out the door and then turned to the newest visitor.

"Hello. May I help you with anything, or were you just browsing?"

On the island in the middle of the room, Serene and Squishy were having a quiet moment on their respective habitats.  

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Angel Valentine

5,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:52 am
Hello Ms. Meriko, I just decided to stop by for a quick browse, but it seems that Knight wanted to venture around the workstation. Is that normal for a slime to be that adventurous?

What's wrong with me wanting to browse just like you?

The little red slime snapped at his guardian as he bounced up a stool and landed on the island.

Knight, I said not to be so loud...You might awaken the other slimes.

The little red slime ignored his guardian's remark and turned towards Serene and Squishy's habitats. Taking in Serene's mirror, Knight bounced around it amazed.

(( 3 ))

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:29 am
Serene noticed this new visitor as she admired herself in the mirror and somewhat dreamily mentioned, "Isn't it pretty?" We shall leave it to Knight to determine whether Serene is speaking of the mirror or her reflection.

Meriko smiled and replied to Angel, "The slimes seem to have their own individual personalities just like we do, although some types have shared characteristics as well. There's probably nothing wrong with your slime being adventurous unless it seems to you like he's making determined attempts to escape from you."  

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Angel Valentine

5,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:18 am
Pretty...
Knight stared into the mirror before realizing another slime was next to him.
I think its pretty too.

Knight doesn't make attempts to escape, though he makes attempts to get himself into trouble sometimes.
Angel said as she smiled back at Meriko and turned to watch Knight as this was his first time with another slime that Angel did not own.

(( 1 ))

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:49 pm
"I guess you have a pretty normal little slime, then," Meriko said with a smile. Then, as her visitor's attention wandered off to the left a bit, she began turning her own thoughts back to the laptop she'd been working on earlier. There were some memos she wanted to send off to LadyDelaidra and Konami.

"Well I couldn't have an ugly mirror," Serene said, her tone suggesting shock at the very thought. "Then I wouldn't look as pretty in it." The moon goddess slime has never heard of heightening impressions by contrast.  

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Angel Valentine

5,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:46 pm
Knight looked at Serene and then at the mirror, pausing before speaking he took a quick peak at himself in the mirror.
But...Aren't mostly all mirrors pretty? At least all of the mirror's I've seen have been. What's an ugly mirror?
Knight turned and bounced to the other side of the mirror, interested in the detail on Serene's mirror.

Angel walked over to the island carefully watching Knight, lowering herself so that her eyes met the island on level. Angel gazed over at Serene's mirror amazed that the little slime had such a magnificent piece of art within her habitat.

(( 2 ))

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:12 am
Serene's limited intellect ground to a halt for a moment as she pondered this question. She really had no idea what other mirrors might look like and had only decided that this mirror was pretty based on the idea that her diety would surely never give her anything ugly. You gave ugly things to ugly slimes, and Serene was the most beautiful slime of all. Ergo, Serene's mirror = pretty.

"An ugly mirror is...a mirror that's not pretty," she finally stated, and then bounced around a bit to re-plant herself right in front of said reflective device. Her attention was only half on self-admiration, however, as she wondered...what did an ugly mirror look like?

As Angel seemed engrossed in the slimes playing about on the island's countertop, Meriko felt herself at liberty to apply herself to her work once more. After all, she wasn't being paid to just sit around and chat up the visitors. As she began typing a few more notes, she glanced at the threesome and smiled. Squishy was bouncing over to her to keep her company as usual, but Serene and the red slime were squeaking at each other in what seemed a fairly friendly manner.

After having only Squishy as her own personal slime for so long, it was amusing to now own this sociable little slime. When she'd first begun working here she'd had no idea that the little blobbamagigs could have such a wide range of personalities.  

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Angel Valentine

5,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:37 am
But...What if this mirror was pretty to us, but it was really ugly?Knight was thinking to himself out loud, he was trying to view the mirror in the way that others would view the mirror of goddess-like beauty.

Angel shifted a bit as she reached into her backpack to get Knight a cookie that she had made earlier in the day, but while reaching into her backpack a lavender slime bounced up her arm and plopped on her shoulder.

" Where's Knight? "
The lavender blob asked with a slight squeak in her voice.

He's up there talking to Meriko's slime, Serene.
Angel lifted the lavender blob to the top of the island and pulled out the cookie from the backpack.

(( 2 ))
( The lavender colored font is hard to see. @_@)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:54 pm
Knight's mumbled musings throw yet another monkey wrench into Serene's mental workings. After trying to grasp this abstract concept with her buttery brainfingers she finally decided, "It's a pretty mirror. My diety wouldn't give me anything ugly."

Having been a gift, Serene and her mirror came to Meriko pre-packaged by LadyDelaidra, but this fact was unknown to the wee slime.  

Meriko
Vice Captain

Aged Gaian

12,400 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Angel Valentine

5,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:35 pm
I'm sure that you're diety wouldn't give you anything ugly. Cause you're a pretty slime.
Knight said that before bouncing a bit towards the side of the island when a lavender blur rose from the side of the island.

I thought that you said that I was the prettiest!!!
Nani fumed as she rammed her slimy body into Knight's knocking him off guard, pushing him in the direction of Serene.

Angel paused for a bit and then looked up as she heard her two slimes bicker, amongst each other.
(( 2 ))

Silky Slime Laboratory

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces