Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaia Job Center

Back to Guilds

Looking for a gaian job? Looking for workers? Check us out! It's free to join. 

Tags: work, jobs, hiring, giveaway, help 

Reply The Gaia Job Center
GJC's Guidelines (updated 04/07)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I have read the guide!
  Check
View Results

GJC Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:15 am
User Image

Welcome to The Gaia Job Center!

We're very glad you decided to stop by The GJC! We also very much appreciate that you are reading The Gaia Job Center's Guide.
The GJC Guide tells you how the guild works, what we offer, and much much more. It may seem like a lot of details, but it will be very helpful! If you have any questions on anything to do with the guild or even suggestions please pm Love Renewed.

So what are the rules?
The rules are simple. To start, anywhere in the guild, you must follow Gaia's Terms of Service and Rules & Guidelines.

The GJC, short for The Gaia Job Center, is run in a unique way. We have a Job Fair forum with all jobs in one thread, or you can create a thread within the main forum of the guild. In your main forum thread say whether you are looking for a job and what kind of things you are willing to do; or post if you are looking to hire someone and what you need them to do. Within your thread, if you are looking for a job, people can come and ask you questions or ask you if you would like to work for them. If you have a thread where you are hiring someone then you can hold interviews, ask them to post applications, talk to the people you might be hiring, or allow them to ask questions concerning the job they might want to apply for.

Job Wanted?
If you want a job, you have a few options. The recommended one is to go to the Job Fair forum and check out the current month's fair. Another is looking in the main forum at someone's WW thread, WW meaning Workers Wanted. If you've visited all the WW threads and you still don't see anywhere you'd like to work then you will make a thread. In the title you will include JW meaning Job Wanted. This is so people know that you're looking for a job, not looking to hire someone.

Workers Wanted?
If you want to hire someone, you have a few options. The recommended one is to post in the Job Fair. The next is to make a WW(Workers Wanted) thread stating what you're hiring for and any details. The third option is to go around to all the JW(Jobs Wanted) threads and see if any of those people wanting a job can do your job.
Those making WW threads we suggest you post the following things for the best results-
Who They're Working For Tell them if they're working for you personally, or if you're hiring for a shop, guild, or thread.
What You're Looking For People need to know what job you want them to do - are they bumping, advertising, moderating, sending invites, art, or something else?
Criteria Any must-haves to applying would be nice to know. Such as if they need to have been on Gaia for a certain amount of time, have a lot of spare time, are willing to be dedicated, etc.
Pay People want to know how much you're going to pay them, if anything.

Artists
Are you an artist looking for a job? In your thread please show examples of your work, post your prices, and give any other information you wish to add. Your title should include (ALW). That stands for Artist Looking for Work. If you're a Graphic Designer you can use ALW or GDLW. This works if you do both regular/pixel art and graphics too.

Looking for an Artist or multiple ones?
If you're looking to hire one or more artists please make a thread explaining what you're looking for, what you'll pay, any specifications, anything else you need, and have (AW) in the title. AW is Artist Wanted. If you want a Graphic Designer you can use AW or GDW.

WW Threads Not Allowed
- 'WW: People to Join My Thread/Guild' These aren't worker wanted threads, it's just advertising. Unless you're paying people to visit your thread or guild, just asking for people to come isn't allowed.
- 'WW: Anything against the TOS.'
- 'WW: Do my homework' You cannot hire people to do your homework, or anything that is a school-related assignment. That is cheating, and is against Gaia's rules. You can't buy/use work that other people have done either, that's against US Law. As well as the law of most countries. (It's plagiarism to pass it as your own.)
- WW: Donate to my guild/thread or WW: donate to my members.
- Any WW thread that's actually advertising your place and not being used for hiring.

Random Rules
- You can not sell anything using copyrighted images [ex. graphics, profiles, etc.] without the owner's permission. More information on that here.
- If you are selling artwork of any kind, any type of writing, or graphic design, then you must provide examples!
- Advertising outside of the Lounge or your signature is considered spam and is not allowed here. You can however post links in JW threads, if that user is looking to do what you're hiring for. Posting in any thread that specifically says they don't want to do what you're hiring for is spam.
- Please respect everyone.
- Do not post more than one thread for each need. If duplicates are found, they will be automatically removed. To succeed in finding your desire in workers or a job, please bump your thread.

Any threads that do not follow the rules will be deleted.

- If you use our guild, we would greatly appreciate it if you showed it by putting a banner in your profile, signature, and/or in your thread/guild. If you want, we can affiliate with you as well!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:17 am
User ImageUser Image

All our guild's open sub forums

The GJC Lounge
This is the place to hang out and participate in random contests and games. Members are welcome to make their own thread games and such.

Job Fair
This forum is for the monthly Job Fairs, which host all of the places looking for Gaians to do jobs such as moderate guilds, make art, bump, create contests, run shops, and more.

Event Room
We'll have all of our events in this room. The name will change for each event, but when it's closed it will simply be 'The Event Room'.

GJC Assistant

GJC Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:19 am
User ImageUser Image

User Image
Jan. 26, 2010

User Image
To give us Kudos copy the code below and go to the Minishops & Resources Center and to submit it there.

[color=green][b]I LIKE THIS GUILD![/b]
GUILD TITLE: The Gaia Job Center
LINK: [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?gmode=index&guild_id=35091]http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/index.php?gmode=index&guild_id=35091[/url]
MRC NUMBER: 8.2
WHY I LIKE THIS GUILD: [Explain your experience. No length limit.][/color]

User Image
GGN Moderators' Guild
- Guild Arena Winner Sept '07

User Image
Superalim's Thumb Up Award 'June 08' for the guild 'Gaia Job Center, GJC'

User Image
Minishop Rating Center Crystal Certificate

User Image
From: Kitsune - Rain: Hello Fellow GJC. I Would Like To Give You This: It's an A+ for your job center. I'll be giving this to all the people who I think deserve this A+ for their shop, contests, and job offering centers. Think of this as an award for all your achievements...

User Image
From Havoc_Kitten and the G-Zine

User Image
Awarded to us March 22, 2014 for having 30 kudos in the Mini shops and Resources Center!

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:45 am
User ImageUser Image

Frequently Asked Questions

[Q] Can I be a crew member?
[A] Look for the GJC's WW thread in the main forum.

[Q] The abbreviations don't fit in my thread's title. Can I leave it out?
[A] Sure, just try to have your title say what it is then so people know. 'Hi I'm stacy' isn't okay. 'Looking for bumpers' is great though.

[Q] When do I get my workers?
[A] When someone posts in your thread that you decide to hire. Or you post in a thread where they are looking for the kind of job you're offering.

[Q] When do I get my job?
[A] When someone posts in your thread that wants to hire you. Or you post in a thread where they are hiring people and they pick you.

[Q] Can my mules/shop accounts join the guild along with my main?
[A] Yeah, that's fine.

[Q] What's a bumper?
[A] A bumper is a person that bumps threads. When you post in a thread, it goes to the top of the forums. So if you are constantly bumping a thread then that thread will stay at the top more often and more people are likely to see it.

[Q] Can I bump my GJC thread?
[A] Yes you can! Though you probably won't need more than a bump a day because the threads don't move that fast, but feel free to bump as much as you want - we love posts.

[Q] I want to link back!
[A] Cool! Just look below for our banners.

[Q] I already have a hiring thread for my shop in a forum outside the guild. Can I make a [WW] thread, and just link to my other hiring thread?
[A] That would be advertising, so no. But you can hire here too. Or post highlights/quick info here adding that most is in your 'main thread' then link to it. As long as the thread isn't advertising you're fine.

[Q] I got my job/workers! Do I have to quit the guild now?
[A] No.

[Q] I'm not active enough to stay in this guild - should I just quit?
[A] No. You're welcome to stay in the guild.

[Q] Why not make a separate sub forum for JW/WW threads? Or why not make separate sub forums for different types of jobs?
[A] The creator of The GJC decided against this for multiple reasons. First off - if we did that, what would we do in the main forum? The main forum of the guild is what the guild is all about - hiring people and getting jobs. Sub forums in this guild are reserved for entertainment/not-really-job-related purposes. Also, we have them both in the same forum because it makes you look at both kinds of threads - the majority of people would just go straight to the forum they need, rather than looking at anyone else. It gives odd-jobs an opportunity to catch someone's eye as well. It's much simpler to stick with our main forum.

GJC Assistant

GJC Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:50 am
User ImageUser Image
If you use the guild why not add one of our banners to your thread, guild, profile, and/or signature? If you want to affiliate with us please pm Love Renewed.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/the-gaia-job-center/g.405373/][img]http://imageshack.com/a/img28/1213/yg5n.png[/img][/url]

User Image
[URL=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/the-gaia-job-center/g.405373/][IMG]http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p780/Velvela-Goddess/3a2b8caa-7d93-4869-aa81-32a5158167b9_zps2fd634de.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/the-gaia-job-center/g.405373/][img]http://imageshack.us/a/img829/4733/mainbannerv1digitalflow.png[/img][/url]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:52 am
User ImageUser Image
Please pm Love Renewed if you want to be affiliates.

New banners are being acquired to replace the photobucket ones(PB no longer allows it).

Role Play Nation Our Village
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image
User Image  

GJC Assistant

GJC Assistant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:53 am
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:54 am
User Image

GJC Assistant

The Gaia Job Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash