• Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:17 am
What Toys & Games do you like to play?

Slick Romance

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 8:27 am
AnimusHelixRebirth

Slick Romance

Lately I've only played the dollmaker games (the ones we use to make outfits for our characters, at sites such as Azalea's Dolls.).

When I am on my tablet I sometimes play Words With Friends. It's kind of like Scrabble.

Other than that, nothing online. But I have a board game group IRL that meets once a month to play many kinds of board games. It's on hiatus now due to the corona virus situation.  

Slick Romance
Crew

Destructive Cultist

9,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 8:33 am
Slick Romance
AnimusHelixRebirth

Slick Romance

Lately I've only played the dollmaker games (the ones we use to make outfits for our characters, at sites such as Azalea's Dolls.).

When I am on my tablet I sometimes play Words With Friends. It's kind of like Scrabble.

Other than that, nothing online. But I have a board game group IRL that meets once a month to play many kinds of board games. It's on hiatus now due to the corona virus situation.

Okay. As a kid, I played some Toys: SEGA Genesis, PlayStation, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance & PlayStation 2.

In school, I did play the iMac, Macintosh, Windows 95/98 stuff, but they had educational games there. The one I fondly remember was Gizmos & Gadgets which was a Science Educational Game where you have to win 15 Races by solving Science Puzzle while trying to find the fastest vehicle parts there is for each race. Would you like an example of the first 3? The Vehicles include Aircraft, Automobiles & Alternative Energy.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 8:45 am
AnimusHelixRebirth
Slick Romance
AnimusHelixRebirth

Slick Romance

Okay. As a kid, I played some Toys: SEGA Genesis, PlayStation, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance & PlayStation 2.

In school, I did play the iMac, Macintosh, Windows 95/98 stuff, but they had educational games there. The one I fondly remember was Gizmos & Gadgets which was a Science Educational Game where you have to win 15 Races by solving Science Puzzle while trying to find the fastest vehicle parts there is for each race. Would you like an example of the first 3? The Vehicles include Aircraft, Automobiles & Alternative Energy.

Sure smile  

Slick Romance
Crew

Destructive Cultist

9,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 9:03 am
Slick Romance
AnimusHelixRebirth
Slick Romance
AnimusHelixRebirth

Slick Romance

Sure smile

Okay. As a bonus I'll include 3 more from the 2nd Race since they're also Easy. I'm excluding the Paint Colors & Decals as they're decorations for the Vehicle.
Aircraft 1: Blimp
= Back Engine
= Interior Gondola
= Narrow Envelope

Aircraft 2: Sailplane
= Laminar Airfoil
= 60 Foot Wings with Winglets
= Flaperon With Spoilers & Flap Controlers
= Single Retractable Wheel
= Small Fuselage With Enclosed Cockpit
= Variometer Instruments

Alternative Energy 1: Pedal Powered Racer
= Egg Shaped Body
= 15 Speed Gears
= Brakes
= 26 Inch Wheels & Tires

Alternative Energy 2: Solar Powered Racer
= 12 Inch Tires
= Ball Bearing Wheels
= Brakes
= 2-1 Differential
= 60 Kilowatts Battery for 1 Hour
= 60 Kilowatt Electric Motor

Automobile 1: Downhill Racer
= Fiberglass Body
= Self-Lubricating Wheels
= Brakes

Automobile 2: Class 1 Gas Powered Racer
= Fiberglass Body
= 5 Inch Wide Tires
= Ball Bearings Wheels
= Brakes
= Fuel Tank
= 60 Horsepower Engine
= 2-1 Differential

Once the player wins all 15 Races with the fastest vehicles in that game, that player becomes the New Head Scientist of the Technology Center. You can play the game with or without Robot Chimps. The only difference is that the Robot Chimps will try to steal any parts that the player finds in the warehouse. At the Start of every level, if the player is playing the Windows Version of the game, the player will need to read the Blueprint for the vehicle shown for that level to see what vehicle parts make the fastest vehicle and what to look for when entering the warehouse.

This educational game came out in 1993 for DOS Computers & was given a Windows Version later. Its a favorite of mine growing up.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 9:09 am
AnimusHelixRebirth

Cool stuff. So very 90's! xd  

Slick Romance
Crew

Destructive Cultist

9,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 9:16 am
Slick Romance
AnimusHelixRebirth

Yeah. The Educational Software games were from the 1980s to 2002.
StarFlyers was the last Educational game in 2002 as two games of that series were released side by side in that year.

The Space Quest 6 Demo is a good one too. I may do Dune Legacy which is a Source Port of Dune 2, the First RTS game after the Warcraft Source Ports while I wait to get Warcraft 3 Reforged.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 9:18 am
AnimusHelixRebirth
Slick Romance
AnimusHelixRebirth

StarFlyers was the last Educational game in 2002 as two games of that series were released side by side in that year.

The Space Quest 6 Demo is a good one too. I may do Dune Legacy which is a Source Port of Dune 2, the First RTS game after the Warcraft Source Ports while I wait to get Warcraft 3 Reforged.

Nice biggrin  

Slick Romance
Crew

Destructive Cultist

9,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 10:37 am
Slick Romance
AnimusHelixRebirth
Slick Romance
AnimusHelixRebirth

Nice biggrin

Thanks. When I played Treasure Cove back then, even as a kid I thought the Bubble Pump's Air Supply shared the same the Air Supply as the SCUBA Air Tanks, while the Flashlight was okay in the game. After completing a cycle in that game, you ride a dolphin to bring the gems you found to fix the Rainbow Bridge. After depositing the gems, the dolphin then takes you back underwater to start the next cycle.

To level up a cycle in that game, you need to find all the Gems in each area as the more Gems you find, the more points the player is awarded. There's 3 Areas & a Boss Area which has a Bonus Gem that multiplies your Gem Score if you beat the Sharks with the Bubble Pump. Sometimes, in Higher Difficulties, you can find the Bonus Gem in a Hidden Location to add to the player's score.
Cycle Examples:
Very Easy = 2 Gems in 3 Areas
Easy = 3 Gems in 3 Areas
Normal = 4 Gems in 3 Areas
Hard = 5 Gems in 3 Areas
Gems are Awarded for Matching 2 out of 3 Clue Words.

Treasure Cove is another Educational game that teaches General Knowledge & Marine Life.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 4:31 am
AnimusHelixRebirth
Slick Romance
AnimusHelixRebirth
Slick Romance
AnimusHelixRebirth

Nice biggrin

Thanks. When I played Treasure Cove back then, even as a kid I thought the Bubble Pump's Air Supply shared the same the Air Supply as the SCUBA Air Tanks, while the Flashlight was okay in the game. After completing a cycle in that game, you ride a dolphin to bring the gems you found to fix the Rainbow Bridge. After depositing the gems, the dolphin then takes you back underwater to start the next cycle.

To level up a cycle in that game, you need to find all the Gems in each area as the more Gems you find, the more points the player is awarded. There's 3 Areas & a Boss Area which has a Bonus Gem that multiplies your Gem Score if you beat the Sharks with the Bubble Pump. Sometimes, in Higher Difficulties, you can find the Bonus Gem in a Hidden Location to add to the player's score.
Cycle Examples:
Easy = 3 Gems in 3 Areas
Hard = 5 Gems in 3 Areas

Treasure Cove is another Educational game that teaches General Knowledge & Marine Life.

Nice. I don't think we had any games at school when I was a kid.  

Slick Romance
Crew

Destructive Cultist

9,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 4:39 am
Slick Romance
AnimusHelixRebirth
Slick Romance
AnimusHelixRebirth
Slick Romance
AnimusHelixRebirth

Nice biggrin

Cycle Examples:
Easy = 3 Gems in 3 Areas
Hard = 5 Gems in 3 Areas

Well, in my case, its a long story. I used to go to the library and rent educational games there. JumpStart 3rd Grade's initial release had a ton of Dialog but it was cut down in later updated versions & in that game, no matter how many points you end a mission with, there's a set minimum of at least 1,000 Points that you need to enter the Time Machine and it increases by 500 points for each difficulty set of questions. Versions 1.1 and above had this cut out.
*slow down*
Hold on, my browser is slowing down my PC's Processing Speed again.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 4:43 am
AnimusHelixRebirth
Slick Romance
AnimusHelixRebirth
Slick Romance
AnimusHelixRebirth

Nice biggrin

Cycle Examples:
Easy = 3 Gems in 3 Areas
Hard = 5 Gems in 3 Areas

Well, in my case, its a long story. I used to go to the library and rent educational games there. JumpStart 3rd Grade's initial release had a ton of Dialog but it was cut down in later updated versions & in that game, no matter how many points you end a mission with, there's a set minimum of at least 1,000 Points that you need to enter the Time Machine and it increases by 500 points for each difficulty set of questions. Versions 1.1 and above had this cut out.
*slow down*

Nice. Apart from your browser being stupid again. xp  

Slick Romance
Crew

Destructive Cultist

9,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 5:04 am
Slick Romance
AnimusHelixRebirth
Slick Romance
AnimusHelixRebirth
Slick Romance
AnimusHelixRebirth

Nice biggrin

Cycle Examples:
Easy = 3 Gems in 3 Areas
Hard = 5 Gems in 3 Areas

*slow down*

Nice. Apart from your browser being stupid again. xp

Its my computer being old like that. Anyway, I played the YDKJ Trivia games which were really funny at the time. These games were from 1995-2000.

Louder Faster Funnier is a really good one, its an Episodic game based on the NetShow Version (Offline is also based on the NetShow but it contains the Best of the NetShow). It has some Holiday Themed Episodes such as Birthday (which is the Host's Birthday Episode), Love/Valentine's Day, Marriage/Wedding, Halloween, Food/Thanksgiving & Toys/Christmas.

There's one Answer that's really easy in the Toys Episode. The Category in that Episode was "Mario & Luigi have all my Money" & the question was this Fill in the Blank that everyone should know:
Q. "Nintendo, ???, ???, Nintendo 64"
A. "Game Boy, Super Nintendo"

While I work on the Answer Guide to the YDKJ games, here's what I did. I set up a 3-Player Game & pick all the wrong answers to get funny responses and record the right answer on the guide I'm working on for that game. That's over 5,600 Questions to cover.

Now there's a bunch of Classic YDKJ Trivia games:
= YDKJ Vol. 1 XL
= YDKJ Vol. 2
= YDKJ Vol. 3
= YDKJ Vol. 4: The Ride
= YDKJ Vol. 6: The Lost Gold
= YDKJ Sports
= YDKJ Movies
= YDKJ Television
= YDKJ Headrush
= YDKJ Offline
= YDKJ Louder Faster Funnier

The Question Game Format depends on which game it is. The Classic Games are Normally 7 Question Length or 21 Question Length Games, while later versions have 5 Question Games, 7 Question Games, 11 Question Games or 15 Question Games. There's also the Demo Versions of the Classic YDKJ Games but they're 3 Question Games.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 5:17 am
AnimusHelixRebirth

I know none of those. xd  

Slick Romance
Crew

Destructive Cultist

9,150 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200

CrystBalfast
Captain

Devoted Admirer

11,050 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 5:34 am
Slick Romance
AnimusHelixRebirth

I know none of those. xd

Okay. A new update for Flashpoint came out which is Version 8.0, which added 11K more Flash Games preserved giving the total of 52K Flash Games preserved. I deleted the old version of Flashpoint and got the newest version. I hope they add the Pixie Scene Maker, Snow King Maker, Snow Queen Scene Maker & Male Pixie maker to it someday.  
General OOC

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff